N/S Vince Wilfork is franchised (1 Viewer)

This just in. His stomach was not franchised, however.

The Pats are busy working out the logistics of this latest news.

Nobody WANTS to be franchised, except maybe Matt Cassel last year.
Agreed, but you typically don't hear about it publicly from a player until after it's done... Or, it's simply, "I would prefer not to be franchised."

Wolfork was adamant about not wanting the Pats to tag him.

well their not getting peppers than.

i was sure thats where he will go.

uhh...Miami then?

imagine that, a gigantic space-eater having "franchise" value to a team like the patriots.

maybe this will drive the point home about the worth of players like terrence cody.

Interesting because he made it clear that he didn't want to be franchised. :scratch:

Anxious to see how this develops... Will they sign him to a long term deal before the season on keep him tagged?

All that means is that this likely will be Wilfork's last season in New England. Unless the two sides come to a long term contract during the season he is franchised (2010 season) Wilfork will be an unrestricted free agent after the season, and free to sign with any team.

imagine that, a gigantic space-eater having "franchise" value to a team like the patriots.

maybe this will drive the point home about the worth of players like terrence cody.

Wolfork is a a special player. He, Jenkins, Thomas (w/Vikes), and Haynesworth are the exceptions at DT.

I don't see Cody as one of those "exceptional worth" players, even at the 32nd pick. JMHO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom