N/S Why Kaepernik won't stand during national anthem (1 Viewer)

Imo, Colin is one of the most patriotic people on the planet. He's trying to change his country for the better.

The ones calling him stupid and demanding he stand unknowingly want to turn this country into Saudi Arabia or Nazi Germany where dissent can get you jailed or death. Yet these people are too stupid to realize that.

You can't disrespect a song, a flag, a country, or any other symbol.

People should stop pretending that these protests offend something greater than themselves.

Individuals are personally offended by these things, that is all.

Apparently it's not just 'Murica. There was a piece yesterday on BBC.com from an Indian disabled rights activist who got slapped/punched in the back of the head for not standing up for their anthem. Odd that they play their anthem before Bollywood movies like we oddly do at sporting events, but whatever.

Why a disabled person was assaulted in an Indian cinema - BBC News

I keep thinking of the moment when the man would have taken a decision to reach out and knock me behind the head. How was he to know that I wouldn't hit back?
Was he thinking anything at all? Was it a reflex action on his part?
Was the love for his country (and mine) so overpowering that he felt nothing about physically assaulting someone?
What am I supposed to do the next time?
Should I inform the people behind me that I am disabled and will not be standing up for the anthem? Should I wear some sort of badge for people to know I am disabled?
Should the national anthem be played at a cinema hall in the first place?

So Fox just aired Johnny Cash's "Ragged Old Flag" before the Superbowl... Hummmm

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom