Nahko and MFTP (1 Viewer)

SaintStephen

Devine Obliteration
Reaction score
So I'm usually all about the metal, but am trying some new things to keep my head in a better place. Only so much Lamb of God a guy should listen too before he gets a little jaded sometime, I guess...

I've been listening to this band Nahko and Medicine For The People and it really speaks to me. I never new music could be this motivating and enlightening.
Anyone have any other suggestions to get me out of my depressing cd case and iTunes playlists of Pretty Hate Machine, Danzig, and The Cure as being my lone "soft music"?

Here's the album for anyone interested also:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ysGNS6dF6YY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have a very wide range of likes and interests in music.
When I was a teen, I was all about the metal and rock and roll: Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Eagles, Stones, Jimi Hendrix etc.
When I got older my tastes also began to change. I guess it's just natural to mellow out over time.
Today, I'll listen to anything from Harry Connick Jr to Maroon 5 to old Motown classics. It's funny considering what my tastes used to be like.
Don't get me wrong, I still like rock and metal every now and then, but I have a much broader taste in music now days.

What I do, and you can too, is sign up for a Spotify account and creat different categories of playlists for your moods. If it's Friday and your feeling in a good mood, you may want to create a Playlist that reflects that. Just put on any song that would be perfect for that feeling that you have.
If you want to rock out, of course create a playlist that has Danzig, etc, on it.
I've created 5 different playlist to play based on what I'm feeling at that particular moment.

Whenever, you hear a song you like, think about how it makes you feel and what category it would fall under. Then add it to your playlist. After a while, you'll have a pretty significant playlist.

Hope that helps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom