National Hockey League '23 - '24 (1 Viewer)

Did the Pens pick up anyone good in the off season? Trade? Great draft pick?
Bolstered the blue line a bit, picking up Erik Karlsson and Ryan Graves.

Draft pick from 2 years ago might make his way out of WBS, but we’ll see.

Really, the best thing they did at the end of last season was to fire Ron Hextall and Brian Burke from the front office and bring in Kyle Dubas from Toronto.

Last edited:
and bring in Kyle Dubas from Toronto.

Toronto is such a dysfunctional franchise. As someone who really isn't a fan of them, it can be entertaining.

But a couple of years ago, I got a ticket on Row 19 by a face off circle. Game 7 vs. the Lightning.

It was busy, so my buddy and I walked past the arena to a pub, drank a few beers, and then went to the arena for the start of Period 2.

People were LIVID we were that late. They were really super invested.

When they scored a goal only to have it waved off for interference, I've never been at a live sporting event that went from adulation to depression and resignation so quickly.

The sociologist in me was amazed. The Saints fan in me understood.

Babcock to resign as columbus' head coach... lol - has a coach in any sport ever been hired and fired with a 0-0-0 win/loss record?
what a clown

Toronto is such a dysfunctional franchise. As someone who really isn't a fan of them, it can be entertaining.

But a couple of years ago, I got a ticket on Row 19 by a face off circle. Game 7 vs. the Lightning.

It was busy, so my buddy and I walked past the arena to a pub, drank a few beers, and then went to the arena for the start of Period 2.

People were LIVID we were that late. They were really super invested.

When they scored a goal only to have it waved off for interference, I've never been at a live sporting event that went from adulation to depression and resignation so quickly.

The sociologist in me was amazed. The Saints fan in me understood.
HAHA.... when I lived in TO, the gold section during mid-week games (closest to the ice) was almost always filled with the hoity, fresh off work and drinks wearing their business suits. The Leafs were usually done by the end of the second period and so were they. The start of the third was usually a pretty funny spectacle of a sea of vacant seats.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom