National Media Coverage Of The Saints (2 Viewers)

Cowboys going to the Superbowl. LMAO. Watson is a bust and Browns should start Winston(Y’all thought Loomis overspends) :D

Fine with me. I rather fly under radar.

The Browns are a bad team
The Panthers are a bad team

As bad as the team is the Browns defense is legit
As bad as the team is the Panthers defense is legit

Dallas beats the Browns badly
Saints beats the Panthers badly

I have no doubt the coverage is all about how awesome the Dallas Cowboys are
CLE had the #1 defense last season

Just why does anyone care about the media and what they have to say? It has ZERO to do with what happens.
I don’t know why we do this every. Single. Year. The National media would prefer to report on the large market teams. They don’t care about small market teams until they have to.

1. Cowboys don’t have a great running game.

2. Our secondary is legit. We’ll roll coverage to handle CeeDee. Dak is going to try to force passes into tight windows. :nono:

3. Saints are a more balanced team.

After we take care of business in Big D, the media will attribute it to the ‘Boys beating themselves.

JMO

:gosaints:
How’s Lattimore? I saw he left the game grabbing his hamstring but never heard anything.

It was known that the Panthers are a bad team, maybe the worst in the league, so the only thing to take from the Saints beating them into oblivion is that they are in fact a really bad team.

That said, it was definitely more encouraging that they gave them a beat down instead of playing down to their level and escaping, but we'll find out more about the Saints this week against Dallas.
I think it’s pretty easy to take from that game that this Saints team is without question much improved from last year. Last year we win that game 20-6 or 17-13, something like that. Good teams punish bad teams, we did that.

I’m not sure what it will translate to this season or if it’ll be enough to get in the playoffs, but they definitely looked better.

Now, if we lose by 3 scores or more to Dallas that neutralizes how good we looked in week 1.

Just why does anyone care about the media and what they have to say? It has ZERO to do with what happens.
Because its fun for some people, like why do you care if some people care. Of course it has zero impact but its still interesting to see what the talking heads think. Like I can't wait to here them eat crow next week if we beat Dallas.

And Panthers were 4th
This is the second post where people are saying the Panthers had the 4th best defense. NO....Panthers defense was horrible last year.

You have to dig deeper into the Stats. They where ranked:

23rd in Rush Defense
29th in Scoring Defense
27th in Red Zone Defense
25th in Points per game
32nd in Sacks(Traded away Burns there best pass rusher)
30th in INT

So yeah they where 4th in yards allowed per game, but that stat is meaningless. In fact it's likely attributed to the fact that teams had short fields and did not need a ton of yardage to score on them.

When you look at there Def DOVA from last year they ranked 25. So in summary no the Panthers did not have a good defense last year and after trading away there best defensive player it will likely be worse this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom