Need to trade for another offensive weapon! (16 Viewers)

Now that we maybe down to just Shaheed, do the folks saying we just need better blocking instead of another offensive weapon change their mind?

No. We still need better blocking. We can get by with what we have this season if we can run the ball.

There aren't going to be any players that can make the kind of impact we need that will be available for a reasonable trade during the season. We need more weapons but they should come from the draft, not giving up draft picks that we need to improve the depth of this team.

Wonder if the Bengals would want to part ways with Mike Gesicki? Extremely low contract, they have the rookie who is seeing action, and they are not winning anything this year.
Good idea, hopefully they have a plan for the position because we saw how it looked without Taysom. Beside Moreau’s blocking we aren’t getting too much from the tightends.

I recall years back, Belichik basically saying Sept is like an extended pre-season. You’re still developing guys and figuring out who is good at what etc.

There was a UDFA WR that Payton would start in the slot 1st two weeks and then boom, you wouldn’t see him rest of season.

What I’m getting at is, though it’s pretty obvious we need at least one other receiving option, they likely won’t make a move, if they make a move, until late Oct/ early Nov.

Wonder if Ravens would part w/ Mark Andrews

I recall years back, Belichik basically saying Sept is like an extended pre-season. You’re still developing guys and figuring out who is good at what etc.

There was a UDFA WR that Payton would start in the slot 1st two weeks and then boom, you wouldn’t see him rest of season.

What I’m getting at is, though it’s pretty obvious we need at least one other receiving option, they likely won’t make a move, if they make a move, until late Oct/ early Nov.

Wonder if Ravens would part w/ Mark Andrews
2022 Mark Andrews?

Now that we maybe down to just Shaheed, do the folks saying we just need better blocking instead of another offensive weapon change their mind?
It would be NICE to have another offensive weapon at WR or TE, and a trade might be something the organization explores closer to the deadline if we’re still looking like we have a shot at making a run. We NEED better blocking though. We could have the best receiving corps in the league and it would mean absolutely **** all if the QB has no time to get them the ball, or we can’t use our system because the runningbacks are getting hit in the backfield. That is the reality of professional football. Sure Barry Sanders made it work with the Lions trash line back in the day but whilst I love Kamara, he isn’t Barry Sanders. Carr definitely is not as quick at releasing the ball as Drew Brees. I honestly can’t even believe this needs to be said after what we watched last week but blocking is the most important part of this whole offense. Now if our backups step up this sunday we can revisit whether or not we need to Invest in the line over another weapon but that’s a different discussion.

2022 Mark Andrews?
LOL I feel this with my soul because he’s on my fantasy team and he’s been useless but I can’t bench him cuz the only backup I have is Taysom and he ain’t been scoring yet.

That being said, if the ravens would part with him for the right price (3rd or less for me, some might think the 3rd is too high given his current production), I think his production would go up in NO for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom