N/S Netflix Closing In On Deal For Christmas Games (2 Viewers)

I kinda do already. Being out of market, I typically use NFL Sunday Ticket to see the Saints.

It simply sucks for most fans. Still, this move is inevitable. We'll see more and more of this kind of thing as time passes.
But still

They're putting playoff games on streaming apps now.

They're going to end up like boxing and baseball.

Way back in the 1970's boxing and baseball were the popular sports.

Boxing went to pay per view and baseball went to cable.

The only baseball teams that remained popular were the Cubs and Braves because of WGN and TBS.

Both sports were passed up by football and basketball.

If people have to jump through hoops to watch, they won't. They'll watch something else.

They're going to end up like boxing and baseball.

Way back in the 1970's boxing and baseball were the popular sports.

Boxing went to pay per view and baseball went to cable.

The only baseball teams that remained popular were the Cubs and Braves because of WGN and TBS.

Both sports were passed up by football and basketball.

If people have to jump through hoops to watch, they won't. They'll watch something else.
I disagree.
At best, a regular WWE/boxing would get around 200k buys. Or even a million or two if it was a big event.
Everyone is already migrating to streaming.
Paramount Plus has 71.1 million users.
Peacock has 31 million.
Netflix has 269 million.

Will the broadcast networks transition to become streaming networks for survival?
It’s already happening.
All the top shows are streaming first or next day.

The only issue I see with streaming is that it would be difficult in very rural areas with hard internet access.

We're going to be paying to watch football. SMH
Just another Roger Goodell move to let us know that the NFL is cutting it's ties with depending on the US audience for viewership. I had heard that they were going to move to two teams to Europe and some even suggested a whole division. Pretty soon you'll have to pay to watch all games. Why give it away for free. Just like season ticket holders and I speak currently for myself, you get nothing but the two seats. No discounts on food, drinks or whatever. If they want to pay these players as if they invented Space ships and rocket fuel I ready to let them do it on someone else's dime. Sorry for the rant but eventually it get to all of us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom