New Orleans DMV - simply unbelievable (1 Viewer)

Good luck with Sewerage & Water Board. I have been fighting with them weekly since December when I got a $800 water bill. My bill is normally $150. Not only have they not fixed what was clearly an order of magnature input error where they put in an extra zero for how much water I used but now they are estimating my bill based on that $800 bill. So now I pay $270 a month for water.

Beyond that, I paid the bills because I didn't want my water turned off but, because they have my account listed as disputed, they aren't crediting my account for the payments. Well, that is they have two different accounting systems. One for the paper bill that you get in the mail and one for your online account. My paper bill says I have a $600 credit but online it says I owe them $370.

The worst part is nobody will anything about it and all they will say is that it's under investigation, should be resolved in and week, and I should call back in a week. That has been happening since December.

FWIW, we finally got a roughly 2K SWB balance lowered to ~$300 in a hearing by invoking Covid in what was a roughly 5 year process requesting multiple hearings that we never got notification of.

So they still got us for a couple of hundred, but it felt like a win. Probably because I'm so tall. :idunno:

Pro tip: If you ever have to go in person, go to the Westbank location - no wait and much nicer and more competent employees.

FWIW, we finally got a roughly 2K SWB balance lowered to ~$300 in a hearing by invoking Covid in what was a roughly 5 year process requesting multiple hearings that we never got notification of.

So they still got us for a couple of hundred, but it felt like a win. Probably because I'm so tall. :idunno:

Pro tip: If you ever have to go in person, go to the Westbank location - no wait and much nicer and more competent employees.

Thanks. I think about going in person, but I fear it would not end well and I would be there for many hours. Your height probably gives you a major advantage over most S&WB employees. Especially those on the Westbank.

Oddly, after I posted this yesterday I got a call saying that S&WB was sending someone out today to investigate my complaint about my bill being too high. So, I guess I will know at some point relatively soon (probably 2 months by S&WB standard) if they can figure out that whoever input my water usage for December added an extra zero at the end.

Since my bill was only like $450 over what it should be, and not $2K, I'm at the point where I just want all the balances zeroed so I can get a clean slate and they can start forking me over in all new ways. Sadly, I consider $450 a small price to pay for not having to deal with S&WB for awhile.

Luckily Jeff Landry is going to fix all of this. :cry:

And now I just got a text from S&WB saying that I have a balance due on my account. Which is technically true on my online account but the paper bill says they owe me. Last time I called in response to a text like this, they essentially told me "don't worry bro", it's the paper bill that counts. Those texts just go out automatically from the computer system based on the online account.

Lots of "trust me bro" comes from the mouths of S&WB employees that I don't trust at all.

You know things are going sideways when the S&WB are making the OMV - (hey Zeetes👋) look good.

New slogan for the OMV:

"At least we aren't the S&WB"

mars-attacks-and-that-aint-bad.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom