New Orleans Saints secondary is holding opponents to eight TD passes: First and 10 column (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
What's more, they have allowed an NFL-low eight touchdown passes this season and are within striking distance of the club record.
The Saints allowed 11 touchdown passes in the strike-shortened 1982 season. The club record for the fewest touchdown passes allowed in a 16-game season is 12 in 1991.

6. Encouraging stat of the week: The Saints offensive line is ranked second in the NFL in pass protection, according to STATS Inc. The Colts are ranked No. 1. The rankings are based on a mathematical formula, that includes the length of a team's pass attempts combined with penalties by offensive linemen, sacks allowed and quarterback hurries and knockdowns.
7. Disturbing stat of the week: Drew Brees has thrown at least one interception in nine consecutive games, the longest streak of his nine-year career. His 18 interceptions are tied for the second most in the league this season and equal the most Brees has thrown in a season in his career. Brees threw 18 interceptions in the 2007 season.
8. What I liked from Week 14: Punter Thomas Morstead continues perform at a Pro Bowl level. He's second in the NFC with a 47.2-yard punting average. And he assumed kickoff duties again against the Rams, usurping Garrett Hartley. Morstead's deep kickoffs forced the Rams to drive the length of the field for their scores. Their average start position after his six kickoffs was their own 24-yard line. That's excellent. Now let's see what he can do in the wintry conditions in Baltimore.

Nice Long Article here:http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/12/first-and-10_15.html

I was surprised by #6. Imagine how well the OL would have graded without all the penalties.

5. Fact of the week: The Saints are tied with the Chargers and Seahawks as the eighth oldest team in the NFL with an average age of 27.7 years. The oldest 53-man roster belongs to the Saints' opponent this week, the Baltimore Ravens, who have an average age of 28.3. They are followed by the Vikings (28.2), Browns (28.0), Steelers (28.0), and Bears (27.9). The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the NFL's youngest team with a roster averaging 25.6 years old.

Average age for the whole team doesn't mean as much as you would think.
Saints have 8 players over 30 which brings the average up.
Almost all of these over 30 players are either backed up by a younger player or is the back up for a younger player.Plus there is Drew who is at his prime at 31.
Sharper at 35 has MJ at 22 taking more snaps.
Saints oldest positions are DE, safety and LB.
Not worried about the safety position.
Saints need to get younger at DE and younger and better at LB. Any big surprise here?

When I saw Saints OL ranked #2 I thought wow, but then I saw the Colts were #1. After seeing that, I guess it doesn't really mean a whole lot. Maybe I'm putting to much into it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom