New Orleans Saints Sophomore Spotlight: Davis Tull (1 Viewer)

I am excited about Tull as well and overall like the article, but I dont get why they have to knock on Powell to make a point about Tull.

Powell was a good pick he was a 5th round pick that played special teams for a season and then got an injury that pretty much did him in.

We seem to be grading our drafts these days on hopeful optimism and unfulfilled pessimism.

If you think Powell was a bad pick then you shouldnt be saying Tull is a good pick. With Injury, which is what Tull started camp with last season, comes risk and sometimes that risk precedes a short career. You cant call it bad drafting when you take risks and the back side of the risk plays out within the percentages and then turn around and say drafting an injured player who has yet to perform is a good draft.

Still I am excited to see what Tull has this camp.

Powell graded well athletically but his production when he was healthy at Florida was not matching the athletism. He basically was a athlete with some size you can put on the ST unit. Never developed into a good football player. Tull very productive in college and checked a lot of boxes athletically. Different kinda pick in my opinion

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom