New Star Wars series The Acolyte (1 Viewer)

I really like this approach of adding contour, nuance and texture to a universe that had be drawn in fairly broad strokes to this point
The Jedi being played for chumps is one of the many many clunky parts of the prequels

the-acolyte-teaser-featured_03b44cf7.jpeg

I'll watch this one until they bring in the space whales with hyperdrives in their butts.
Sorry to have to break it to you, but Purrgil existed when this was set. However, unless they're doing galaxy to galaxy travel, there's not much for the Purrgil to do in a series.

Sorry to have to break it to you, but Purrgil existed when this was set. However, unless they're doing galaxy to galaxy travel, there's not much for the Purrgil to do in a series.
Doesn't matter when they developed. Doesn't make them any less ludicrous. Space whales? With hyperdives in their butts? Really? Was the idea for cocaine fueled, invisible space bears with light sabers for tails already taken? I can suspend belief for the two concepts equally. English speaking racoons and mobile, dancing, and communicating trees are even better than space whales with hyperdrives in their butts.

Pepple keep posting this like it's some major plot hole. The prequels era Jedi were dumbarses who were so wrapped up in smelling their own farts that they let the Sith infiltrate and overthrow the entire Republic.
The Jedi who had face to face interactions with a Sith Lord like daily and didn’t realize it? Those Jedi? Noooooo

The Jedi’s hubris being their undoing hasn’t really been a subtle theme

The Jedi who had face to face interactions with a Sith Lord like daily and didn’t realize it? Those Jedi? Noooooo

That was more of a testament to Plagueis and Sidious's power(at the time of the time of the Phantom Meance). A sith had to be extremely powerful to actually cloud the Jedi's ability to sense things.

Luke basically said this exact thing during The Last Jedi when he was training Rey. I think he even used the word "hubris"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom