Next years job is not to find the next coach . It’s to tear down and purge . (1 Viewer)

ChopperSaint

Official gum of champions
Reaction score
I’m the biggest anti Dennis Allen fan on the board

But the chain of events for the next 365 is not finding his replacement .

There is not a single candidate with options that would ever come here .

All this Ben Johnson talk is laughable .
There is no chance that the saints would get someone like that under these conditions .

The next 365 days the saints need to purge the cap . Trade anything of value that will not help us win 3 years from now .

Eat up as much dead cap space the next 365 days as possible .

As much I hate Allen . He needs to stay one more year

Not because he’s good and not because I like him . But because if they do this purge they are going to suck no matter who is the HC.

Might as well let DA be that guy who’s the coach on a 2-15 type season .

Then after next season once your cap situation is much better and you have a top 3 draft pick then you can get a coach worth a damn for 2025.

If they let DA go after this year they will be competing with the panthers for whoever is at the bottom of the barrel as far as coaching hires go .

If Loomis does not do this and he keeps kicking the can down the road and putting bandaids on everything then he needs to go to

There is no chance that the saints would get someone like that under these conditions .

The next 365 days the saints need to purge the cap . Trade anything of value that will not help us win 3 years from now .

Not because he’s good and not because I like him . But because if they do this purge they are going to suck no matter who is the HC.

Then after next season once your cap situation is much better and you have a top 3 draft pick then you can get a coach worth a damn for 2025.

If they let DA go after this year they will be competing with the panthers for whoever is at the bottom of the barrel as far as coaching hires go .

If Loomis does not do this and he keeps kicking the can down the road and putting bandaids on everything then he needs to go to
I think the problem with keeping Allen is Loomis would still try the win now approach.

Better to hire a new coach, with a vision for this team, and let him start laying the foundation for his vision.

We need a coach who plays chess not checkers, figuratively.

Our cap strategy won’t let us blow up the roster, we will be recommitting to all of our veterans because we need to restructure their contracts to get under the cap.

One of the only viable methods of clearing cap space for the future is to avoid restructuring Carr’s contract, it will limit you in the 2024 off-season but can free up $18m in 2025 and $56m in 2026.

While I do agree with most of your post, keeping DA should not even be an option. I’d much rather throw some money at a new HC like Johnson (either one) to get our HC for the future. Our record next year if we do purge players for cap relief won’t be as significant as the culture change a new HC can bring in.

I would much rather watch this team with passion and fire scrapping and losing because we’re rebuilding, than just go through the motions and getting embarrassed like we are right now.

A new HC that can instill a strong culture that players buy into will also attract FA’s. DA and Pete need to go, now preferably! If they’re not fired the day after the season is done they won’t be fired and we can look forward to watching this team continue to fall into the same miserable as the Browns, Jets, Giants, Cardinals, etc.

On one hand I agree with making Allen and PC suffer by forcing them to coach the scavenged remnants of our "championship run" corpse...but on the other, i feel like we're just a HC away from being competitive again.

So nah, let's just dump DA bring in a new staff and see if they can squeeze water from Mascara Man

I understand your point, but we have sooo many good piece's that if we can instead blowup the coaching staff and keep the players. That is going to be the likely scenario. Plus we already have to push contracts into the future period we have no choice, that means those players are going nowhere anytime soon.

Allen needs to go, he's like a disease, eating our team culture. Let our new coach mange Carr for a year while we try and get the cap under control and draft a QB high.

Our cap strategy won’t let us blow up the roster, we will be recommitting to all of our veterans because we need to restructure their contracts to get under the cap.

One of the only viable methods of clearing cap space for the future is to avoid restructuring Carr’s contract, it will limit you in the 2024 off-season but can free up $18m in 2025 and $56m in 2026.
Yep. It's impossible. Literally impossible. They will have to keep doing the cap shenanigans just to reach cap compliance. Our most expensive players can't be cut or traded because it would create a mountain of dead money without providing much cap relief. They'll be able to move on from a few players using post June 1st designations but aside from that we're stuck.

Allen needs to go, he's like a disease, eating our team culture. Let our new coach mange Carr for a year while we try and get the cap under control and draft a QB high.
I agree. It's like having a "warm body" at the work place who doesn't produce, only spreads negativity through osmosis.
Get rid of his rear end NOW.

I understand your point, but we have sooo many good piece's that if we can instead blowup the coaching staff and keep the players. That is going to be the likely scenario. Plus we already have to push contracts into the future period we have no choice, that means those players are going nowhere anytime soon.
The team has a few pieces on both sides of the ball that would start on other teams but not all that many -

QB - Carr is Andy Dalton with a diva attitude
RB - AK41 would start on most other NFL teams
WR - Olave is in the middle of a sophomore slump, CGM is done, Shaheed has been solid, the rest are career backups
TE - this team has TEs?
OL - McCoy might start on most other NFL teams, Ramcyzk is done, the rest are a collection of journeyman, busts, and
backups
DT - Bresee looks to have bright future, Sheperd and Saunders have disappeared, the rest…..who knows?
DE - Jordan is a team legend but his time is coming to an end, Granderson is solid and would start on most other NFL teams, the rest journeyman, busts and marginal backups
LB - Davis his age is showing he might have one more season left, Werner is Scott Shanle 2.0 not great, not terrible, the rest are almost not worth mentioning
CB - Lattimore and Adebo are solid, Taylor is ok, the rest are journeyman
S - Mathieu’s age is showing, Maye has made some major mistakes, Howden may have a future, the rest are STers or journeyman
K/P - Grupe and Hedley are both below average

So this team is hardly loaded with talent. They are old and poorly coached.

And for those saying a complete rebuild isn’t possible - it is but would be something like the NFL has never seen. The team would be virtually unwatchable for at least two years and would have the top pick in the draft for possibly both those season. Loomis’ ego will never let him admit that Allen, PC Jr, and Carr were colossal mistakes so a ground up rebuild won’t happen. Admitting he screwed the team by blowing it all up would pop his inflated ego.

100% disagree about there isn't a coach with options that would come here, that is simply opinion and I thoroughly disagree.

But, we shall see what ML will do. It's going to take more heat to get DA fired. I don't trust ML when it comes to firing friends.

I'd have to agree w/ you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom