NFC South chat transcript (1 Viewer)

retthib

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/28238

Cliff (Philly)

How can the NFL suspend Grant and Smith, while the Williams' get their suspension taken away when they all did the same thing? Shouldn't the Commish step in and
use common sense and take away all the suspensions and not give the Vikings preferential treatment?

Pat Yasinskas (12:49 PM)

It's kind of out of the Commish's hands. He suspended all of them. But the Minnesota state court is still reviewing the Williams' situation. They determined no federal laws were violated, so that doesn't bode well for Grant and Smith. But we'll see if there's official word soon

Mike (New Orleans, LA)

How does the courts decision affect Grant and Smith? Can the NFL suspend one group of players but not another group for the same infraction? Could the saints serve it starting this week if they chose?

Pat Yasinskas (12:54 PM)

It's a state issue in Minnesota. Grant and Smith were trying to ride federal tails of that. But today's ruling said no federal laws were violated, so it's back to the state court.

Interesting. Schefter basically said the samething a lil while ago on SC.

Bob (baton rouge)

hey pat i know a lot of people are high on the saint this year... but years of disappointment has made me hesitant to believe they'll get any where give me some thing to ease my mind

Pat Yasinskas (12:57 PM)

Well, they open at home with Detroit. For one week, that should give you peace of mine.

And that was just funny to me.

So what if the Saints were on the road next week @ Minnesota would it be ok then? I tell ya this is ******* BS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom