NFL Christmas wish (1 Viewer)

Pa.Saint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know everyone has their own family and personal Christmas wish, this thread is a NFL Christmas wish. Mine is .... hoping Tampa doesn't get home field advantage:sir-saint:

Mine would be for the NFL to acknowledge the product with injuries isnt worth a 17th game.

Ive been thinking almost the entire season that the NFL would see how absolutely trash the games have been across the league due to the massive amount of injuries and rethink the 17 game season. Its become basically preseason game 2 when watching these games.

Its a very odd situation. The league wanted 17 games. In the midst of making it happen, covid happened. This led teams to completely throw out offseason workout/camp programs. Then in the last CBA, there was reduced training camp practices in pads. These guys just arent conditioned to playing football. Its almost unwatchable week to week, I just dont think a 17th game helps the league out.

Mine would be for the NFL to acknowledge the product with injuries isnt worth a 17th game.

Ive been thinking almost the entire season that the NFL would see how absolutely trash the games have been across the league due to the massive amount of injuries and rethink the 17 game season. Its become basically preseason game 2 when watching these games.

Its a very odd situation. The league wanted 17 games. In the midst of making it happen, covid happened. This led teams to completely throw out offseason workout/camp programs. Then in the last CBA, there was reduced training camp practices in pads. These guys just arent conditioned to playing football. Its almost unwatchable week to week, I just dont think a 17th game helps the league out.
Thr product has definitely been subpar due to injuries. But its not due to 17 games. I'm not sure what the issue actually is, but the league should definitely do some serious evaluation. My thoughts are leaning toward something that was changed in the offseason or pre season.

Thr product has definitely been subpar due to injuries. But its not due to 17 games. I'm not sure what the issue actually is, but the league should definitely do some serious evaluation. My thoughts are leaning toward something that was changed in the offseason or pre season.

Im just saying they cant make it through 16 games health wise. Or 8 games. So why go to 17. They league was a mess with injuries a quarter of the way into the season. Just seems nuts that they have all these rules about safety - to the point where roughing the passer penalties can change games if you look at a QB the wrong way - and then add a 17th game when teams are playing guys who wouldnt be good enough to make practice squads at the beginning of the year.

But sure, if you look at it that a team cant make it through 16, then 17 is just an extension of that. So youre right that theres more to it than the number of games. But this coincides with reduced offseason work, reduced TC practices and camps. I also believe coaches knew that theyd have to survive 17 games, so players got even less work in preseason games than they normally would. It comes down to guys just not being conditioned to playing actual football.

Last edited:
Im just saying they cant make it through 16 games health wise. Or 8 games. So why go to 17. They league was a mess with injuries a quarter of the way into the season. Just seems nuts that they have all these rules about safety - to the point where roughing the passer penalties can change games if you look at a QB the wrong way - and then add a 17th game when teams are playing guys who wouldnt be good enough to make practice squads at the beginning of the year.

But sure, if you look at it that a team cant make it through 16, then 17 is just an extension of that. So youre right that theres more to it than the number of games. But this coincides with reduced offseason work, reduced TC practices and camps. I also believe coaches knew that theyd have to survive 17 games, so players got even less work in preseason games than they normally would. It comes down to guy just not being conditioned to playing actual football.
They did it because of money. Another game equals more TV time which means more money. IMO, they put the cart before the horse. The league has a lot of issues to fix that they are essentially refusing to address. Its creating a lesser product. I know lots of people that have lost interested in the NFL over the last few years for various reasons. This is one of the bigger ones.

How has the 17 games attributed to that if they haven’t even played the normal 16 games yet? The 17th game does help the league… financially, which is its only sole purpose when making changes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom