NFL.com predicts Ravens give Saints' running game the beatdown (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
NFL.com predicts that the Saints (particularly Deuce) will get nothing much vs. the Ravens. Quote:

"(McAllister's)...rate of production could hit a wall this week against Baltimore. No team has allowed fewer rushing yards per game on the road (than Baltimore: 60.0), and the Ravens haven't allowed a featured back to find the end zone in three (road games) this season."

Link: http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story/9758667

Uhh... I think if the Ravens stack the box to contain Deuce, they'll open the floodgates for "the President."

Any takers?

who is "the President"?

And the if the Ravens stuff the box and open the wide passing game up for Colston/Horn and Bush then Deuce will have hit a wall and the prediction will be entirely correct.

Do you honestly believe that if Reggie starts running wild that they will CONTINUE to stack the box? C'mon!

They may stack it for a while, but no way they can afford to do it for very long. Thus, Deuce gets his yardage (...sooner or later)!

BTW... some call Reggie Bush "the President."

I dissagree. I believe Deuce will rush for over 100 yards.

Do you honestly believe that if Reggie starts running wild that they will CONTINUE to stack the box? C'mon!

They may stack it for a while, but no way they can afford to do it for very long. Thus, Deuce gets his yardage (...sooner or later)!

They'll keep stacking it because we're not going to put up 35 points on the Ravens. If the Score is 21 to 7 in the 4th, what do you do? Spread your Def. out and let us run the clock out?

The only way the Ravens will switch their focus from Deuce is if we're losing. I don't predict that.

Deuce won't top 100 yards, we'll still win.

The Ravens run D is the best. It's not like they're devoting extra resources to stopping the run. They fan out from the middle quickly as the play develops, and the LBs have the speed to turn the sweeps in. Nobody's ever going to run on these guys, not with any consistency. The Saints like to run about 45% of the time, and they'll do that Sunday as well, but I'm sure they're not harboring delusions about gaining a hundred yards. No, Raven opponents use the run only to move the clock, protect the ball and discourage the pass rush.

The only way the Ravens will switch their focus from Deuce is if we're losing. I don't predict that.

Deuce won't top 100 yards, we'll still win.

Sounds like an argument just to maintain your original point.

Above you say "...the ONLY way the Ravens will switch is if we (Saints) are losing. Huh? You mean if Reggie has several one-on-ones where he's putting up plays for Sports Center ...that the Ravens will stick to the stack-the-box gameplan?

I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong, and if you're right... more power to you. We'll see, but I see Deuce's game being opened up by Reggie and vice-versa. Geaux Saints.

Sounds like an argument just to maintain your original point.

Did you imagine i'd present an arguement meant to destroy my point? :interrogations:

You mean if Reggie has several one-on-ones where he's putting up plays for Sports Center ...that the Ravens will stick to the stack-the-box gameplan?

That's precisely what they did against Steve Smith. The Ravens will expect their players to make plays. If Reggie Bush jukes Adalius Thomas and scores a TD, the Ravens will not suddenly key in on Bush. That's never how they've done things. They will expect Adalius Thomas to make the play next time. And frankly he's good enough he ought too.

the ravens are in for a rude surprise we will run and pass all over them

The Raven have not played a offense like the Saints this year. Carolina had a one dimensional attack featuring Steve Smith. The Saints will bring a potent running attack and pin point passing from Drew Brees to Reggie, Horn, Colston & Henderson. Pick your poison Ravens, you can't defend them all..
:wos_sport10:

They always talk about how great this defense is, but the reality is that other than the Superbowl year what have they done?? Deuce ran all over them several years ago....I think it was his first game back after an ankle injury..

Deuce has had some good games running against the Ravens D in the past.....he's rested and ready.

The Raven have not played a offense like the Saints this year. Carolina had a one dimensional attack featuring Steve Smith. The Saints will bring a potent running attack and pin point passing from Drew Brees to Reggie, Horn, Colston & Henderson. Pick your poison Ravens, you can't defend them all..
:wos_sport10:

The Saints offense is multidimensional, which makes it difficult for any defense, even one as good as the Ravens.'

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom