NFL opening day! Ravens vs Chiefs (7 Viewers)

It's both though. You need a QB like Mahomes to really succeed with Reid's scheme. He had all the pieces in Philly but couldn't quite seal the deal. With even more talent and a QB like Mahomes, he's getting even better results. So it really goes hand in hand. Belichick needed Brady to have the success he did. When Brady left, the Patriots pretty much fell apart. If Reid goes anywhere else, or Mahomes goes anywhere else, Reid isn't likely to be able to continue have the level of success he's had with Mahomes.

And I'll be clear, Reid is an excellent coach. Absolutely, unquestionably.

Sometimes a coach and QB compliment each other very well. Same with Payton and Brees.

You can't have one without the other.
Another example, Belichick’s defenses paired well with Brady’s QB play. Belichick isn’t as successful without Brady, and Brady isn’t as successful (in the playoffs) if he plays with the same defenses that Brees played with.

The only Saints game I've been to in NO was the Broncos game from a few years back. From the nosebleeds I could see that the dudes toe was out of bounds but the refs predictably screwed us.

I still remember them cutting to the sideline reaction of the Denver players after it was ruled "confirmed" and one of them says to the guy - "That was a bad call, you were out of bounds".

Another example, Belichick’s defenses paired well with Brady’s QB play. Belichick isn’t as successful without Brady, and Brady isn’t as successful (in the playoffs) if he plays with the same defenses that Brees played with.
Yep, it's all of the above. You have to have a lot of parts do well to win Super Bowls.

It's both though. You need a QB like Mahomes to really succeed with Reid's scheme. He had all the pieces in Philly but couldn't quite seal the deal. With even more talent and a QB like Mahomes, he's getting even better results. So it really goes hand in hand.
What were all of those pieces in Philly? During his 4 straight NFC run, the only season McNabb had any pass catcher on the level of Kelce was his time with TO. That was McNabb's best season as a QB and Andy Reid's best season in Philly. People really don't remember how weak those receivers were that McNabb had for most of his time in Philly. That's why I said that people don't realize that Mahomes have been on the best teams that Andy Reid has had. I would have put an asterisk on that though, the team that he began building at the end of his time in Philly would have been the best but he had all of that personal stuff going on at the same time.

Belichick needed Brady to have the success he did.
The legend of Matt Cassell in the NFL began with an 11 win season.

When Brady left, the Patriots pretty much fell apart. If Reid goes anywhere else, or Mahomes goes anywhere else, Reid isn't likely to be able to continue have the level of success he's had with Mahomes.
In the same vein, would Mahomes have the same level of success outside of Reid and his system. Using Brady as an example, he was in the same offense throughout his entire time in New England. It evolved but the offense was the offense. When he went to Tampa, he struggled running Bruce Arians system and they ultimately had to modify it for him and the next season, the were basically running what he ran in . Peyton Manning brought the exact same offense to Denver than he ran in Indy.

Agreed. But I will say that I believe that if Josh McDaniels didn't leave for Las Vegas, that entire situation in New England is completely different.

I'm going to hijack this thread by saying,..................If DA/KK take gambles in this game with Carolina, we win. If we play some conservative BS, we lose

If Derek Carr played and made throws like Lamar last night, Saints fans would be marching through the French quarters with his head on a stick celebrating his death.

I'm surprised the focus of this thread is so Mahomes-heavy.

It's been "trendy" to criticize LJ pretty much since he came into the league, but I generally give him the benefit of the doubt. However, last night was an exception. And you couple that with the comments he has made since the loss has my head exploding.

For example, he said he thought the final play was a touchdown at the time. Then doubled-down by saying he STILL thinks it's a TD, even after the replay review. Huh?

Then he insinuates that they lost because every time they had a big play, it was nullified by a penalty. Doesn't even mention the wide open receiver he completely missed on the next to last play. No personal accountability whatsoever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom