NFL reading room: 32 teams, 32 book recommendations (1 Viewer)

Complex Kid

Most things I worry about Never happen anyway
Reaction score
So the Athletic is doing a thing right now where their writers suggest a book about the team they cover. They are doing this for the NFL, NBA, NCAA and NHL.

So here is the Saints suggestion.

New Orleans Saints
From Bags to Riches: How the New Orleans Saints and the People of Their Hometown Rose From the Depths Together” | Jeff Duncan*

The book explains the unique relationship between the Saints and the city of New Orleans, how the struggling NFL team and storm-weary New Orleanians lifted one another’s spirits and fortunes in the post-Hurricane Katrina years, 2006-2010. — Jeff Duncan

giphy.gif

I mean if your going to suggest that book at least let one of the other writers covering the team write the blurb for it.

Last edited:
I mean if your going to suggest that book at least let one of the other writers covering the team write the blurb for it.

Agreed. That comes across as pretty greasy, imo. I guess, considering the source, it’s not so surprising.

As long as Duncan isn't involved with it I'm fine unless he genuinely expresses remorse for believing the lies the NFL put out involving bountygate and then doubling down on them. Even then, fork him.

Apparently Jeff misunderstood the assignment:

Jeff Duncan
STAFF

@Greg S. Full disclosure: I misunderstood the assignment when asked about it by editors. I thought they were asking me to recommend to readers the best book I've written about the Saints -- not the best book written by anyone. If I had to suggest one, it would be "Saga of the Saints" by Wayne Mack. It's hard to find but well worth it. Mack's book documents the history of the franchise from the early days and has some terrific archival photos.

Apparently Jeff misunderstood the assignment:

Jeff Duncan
STAFF

@Greg S. Full disclosure: I misunderstood the assignment when asked about it by editors. I thought they were asking me to recommend to readers the best book I've written about the Saints -- not the best book written by anyone. If I had to suggest one, it would be "Saga of the Saints" by Wayne Mack. It's hard to find but well worth it. Mack's book documents the history of the franchise from the early days and has some terrific archival photos.
tenor.gif

😂😂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom