Nick Saldiveri and Landon Young (1 Viewer)

As this off-season shakes out, arguably it may have been worth it to go after Tyron Smith

Agree, He costs 1yr/ 6.5M for 8 healthy games plus some incentives (6M) based on play time. Maybe he lasts 5 or 13 games, but he is the ideal transition piece for drafting a tackle.

Another player you didn't mention that I hope could step up is Trevor Penning. I agree with you on Saldiveri and Young. We need these young players to step up and show some progress. Something else that would help would be to re-sign Andrus Peat and Cameron Irving. That was the best I've seen Peat play LT since he's been with the team and Irving did an admirable job at RT when Ram & Young were out. These players getting healthy and stepping up would go a ways to taking pressure off of having to draft an OT #14. But if one of the top OT's is still available at #14 you grab him anyway. You can draft the best WR's, TE's in the draft that you want, but if you don't have the protection around your QB to get the ball to them it won't matter. It all starts in the trenches.
With Kubiak , Benton and Dennison I think you will see a much improved Penning. Marrone was awful at developing young O linemen. There have been a few that believe that Marrone did not like Penning or younger OL men. While I'm not going to say that TP is starting day 1 but I think by midseason he most likely will start @ LT

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom