Not sure how you fix New Orleans [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

After the spate of car jackings, most crime has localized again

Yeah, I don't know if it's the new Chief or if it's just that I'm not paying as much attention but after the peak of the rash of carjackings, things seemed to have significantly calmed down. Not even hearing about as many cars broken into.

Yeah, I don't know if it's the new Chief or if it's just that I'm not paying as much attention but after the peak of the rash of carjackings, things seemed to have significantly calmed down. Not even hearing about as many cars broken into.
Crime had already started to drop about 2 months before new chief took over
(afaik national trend of crime drop had already started as well)

Thank God for the historic preservation people in the quarter. If not, it would be the hooka bar capital of the world. I have a good friend who has an apartment in the quarter and lives there about half of the year. He told me the businesses down there struggle. I think if you live down there you have to be a part of some sort of HOA, for lack of a better word. He says its a constant fight. I stayed the night down there with him a couple months ago. The dynamic around there is so different. To the eye, the decline is real.

Thank God for the historic preservation people in the quarter. If not, it would be the hooka bar capital of the world. I have a good friend who has an apartment in the quarter and lives there about half of the year. He told me the businesses down there struggle. I think if you live down there you have to be a part of some sort of HOA, for lack of a better word. He says its a constant fight. I stayed the night down there with him a couple months ago. The dynamic around there is so different. To the eye, the decline is real.
ironically the thing that helps preserve NO culture is that the city (and especially the state) are unattractive to new money development
Hurricanes + State education (and overall hostility) will keep NO in a Catch 22 for the foreseeable future

It's called the VCC - Vieux Carre Commission.

It takes HOA to a whole other level.

ironically the thing that helps preserve NO culture is that the city (and especially the state) are unattractive to new money development
Hurricanes + State education (and overall hostility) will keep NO in a Catch 22 for the foreseeable future
Remember the fight between Al Copeland and the city when he opened that guady restaurant on St Charles? Straya was maybe the name of it??? The backlash he took over that. I saw both sides equally in that fight. I took my mom the Palace cafe a few months ago. She teared up walking down Canal street saying how sad this is. My mom and dad were raised uptown as were most of my family. She couldnt believe it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom