(NS) Defaults on Atlanta PSL's (haha - no surprise) (1 Viewer)

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Francisco, via La Place, via Galliano, via Mon
I am kind of surprised any of their joker fans signed up in the first place. I would say they had "fair weather" fans, but in reality, they have no fans, just people who show up because they saw a few cars near the stadium and are bummed out when they get inside that it is was not a soccer game.

I assume most of the PSL's sold that are not in default were sold to corporate buyers.

"Falcons fans have defaulted on payments for thousands of personal seat licenses since Mercedes-Benz Stadium opened in 2017, essentially undoing about $30 million in sales, records show. "

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/29/report-defaults-on-falcons-psls-at-30-million/

https://www.ajc.com/sports/football...-million-records-show/YtQHnTqSsn3PPOCPLwQrOJ/

I am kind of surprised any of their joker fans signed up in the first place. I would say they had "fair weather" fans, but in reality, they have no fans, just people who show up because they saw a few cars near the stadium and are bummed out when they get inside that it is was not a soccer game.

I assume most of the PSL's sold that are not in default were sold to corporate buyers.

"Falcons fans have defaulted on payments for thousands of personal seat licenses since Mercedes-Benz Stadium opened in 2017, essentially undoing about $30 million in sales, records show. "

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/29/report-defaults-on-falcons-psls-at-30-million/

https://www.ajc.com/sports/football...-million-records-show/YtQHnTqSsn3PPOCPLwQrOJ/

Allow me to bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

But but... I was told that the reason the seats were always empty was because there’s SO MUCH TO DO around the stadium!! So the fans go watch the game on tv in one of the bars inside the stadium!

/s

Hopefully Mercedes realizes that the naming rights to the sphincter dome was a mistake and pulls out

I wouldn’t want to be seen in that stadium after 28-3 if I was a failcon fan.

giphy.gif

Good, PSL's are a highway robbery anyway.

How do we get people to pay more for seats that are already overpriced to being with? We'll ask them to buy the rights to buy a seat.

Brilliant!

Can you imagine doing this at a restaurant?

"I'd like the fish please"
-"Sir, we cannot simply sell you a fish. You first need to buy the rights to buy a fish. After you do that, then we can sell you the fish"
"Wait, I have to pay to have the right to pay?"

Good, PSL's are a highway robbery anyway.

How do we get people to pay more for seats that are already overpriced to being with? We'll ask them to buy the rights to buy a seat.

Brilliant!

Can you imagine doing this at a restaurant?

"I'd like the fish please"
-"Sir, we cannot simply sell you a fish. You first need to buy the rights to buy a fish. After you do that, then we can sell you the fish"
"Wait, I have to pay to have the right to pay?"
I hate to break it to you, but there are plenty of restaurants around Dallas where you have to buy a club membership to get a drink in the restaurant.

I hate to break it to you, but there are plenty of restaurants around Dallas where you have to buy a club membership to get a drink in the restaurant.
I would be happy to point out the exact spot on my derriere that they could kiss before I would buy that membership. Especially in Dallas!

This whole PSL nonsense is a big ripoff.

Can make fun of them all we want, but if PSLs were introduced here, you could expect the same. I'd never pay for it.

In my opinion, only a few franchises can survive on the PSL model. The New York and L.A. franchises.
They have the perfect mixture of demand for tickets and businesses buying them. They won’t have to worry about not getting a sellout.

PSL is kind of very dumb, but let’s not act like Saints fans trying to sell season tickets don’t charge you for “rights.”

In my opinion, only a few franchises can survive on the PSL model. The New York and L.A. franchises.
They have the perfect mixture of demand for tickets and businesses buying them. They won’t have to worry about not getting a sellout.
LA doesn’t worry about sellouts? The Chargers draw about 25k per home game in a stadium that seats 30k. The rams don’t come close to sellouts either and have more away fans most of the time.

LA doesn’t worry about sellouts? The Chargers draw about 25k per home game in a stadium that seats 30k. The rams don’t come close to sellouts either and have more away fans most of the time.
Once the new stadium is ready, every business in L.A. is going to be buying tickets for Chargers games.
Keep in mind, the Rams were playing in a stadium that can hold 80-90k.
The Rams were only about 1.5k lower than the Saints in attendance.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

And in that chart it has the Chargers selling 31k seats in a 25k stadium.

But but... I was told that the reason the seats were always empty was because there’s SO MUCH TO DO around the stadium!! So the fans go watch the game on tv in one of the bars inside the stadium!

/s

Hopefully Mercedes realizes that the naming rights to the sphincter dome was a mistake and pulls out
I like how you used both "sphincter dome" and "pulls out" in the same post

Z

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom