NS: Japan beats USA 41-20 in international U-20 football tourney (1 Viewer)

We couldn't win this for the same reason the rest of the world caught up with us in basketball and we couldn't win the Olympics with just college players.
I saw the roster not one of these 19 and 20 year old is on a college roster.

Send the All SEC freshman team and see what happens

There are a ton of University teams in Japan and looking at the rosters it seems like the U.S. players are mostly from Div II/III schools this year so I wouldn't find it too farfetched to consider that the japanese team would match up pretty well.
Also, looking back at the scores from the 2007 World Championship Team JP only lost by a field goal so they have put up a fight before.
This has been going on since 2007? Whut?

This has been going on since 2007? Whut?

My bad! I was looking at the Senior World Championships has been going on since 1999 while the Junior WC began in 2008.
Apparently Canada has won the latter three times and the US twice.

(doing some googling, american football seems to have been played for more than 100 years in Japan - pretty cool!)

Are these articles/posts even serious?

Why would any serious American football athlete participate in this? It's just an invitation for meaningless injury. Not a chance the USA team could entice the best talent for such a tournament that no one's ever even heard of. Of course they will lose to other country's teams because those athletes have no forum to be noticed except that.

Non-news...
Okay Vlad

Are any of the Team Japan players good enough to land on an NFL roster via the International Player Pathway Program?

Go Canada! It's nice to see a truly amateur competition like this. Even HS football is business these days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom