OBJ / Browns rework contract. (1 Viewer)

Not exactly, he would be a free agent and want to come here. Even then we'd have to offer him out a contract he would agree to.
We really don't know where OBJ wants to go, but this contract change allows him to pick and choose where he wants to go if he clears waivers. In terms of the Saints, Loomis can be creative, keeping the remainder of his 2021 salary league minimum and extending him for a couple or three years, spreading out any bonus or guaranteed salary out. Still a challenge for us with our cap situation, but honestly I believe this gives us the best chance to try to get him on board, again assuming he clears waivers. Long shot, but one where we can at least give it a try if we want to!

I he clears waivers, we can sign him to an incentive laden back loaded contract. Longshot. He will probably end up with New England or the Raiders,

If we had Brees then no brainer but we don’t have the QB to control him. He will end up in Tampa or GB
Bingo

No way he's going from Baker to Trevor.

His father would probably create a video showing all the missed throws Trevor made during his Denver days.

If he clears waivers and if Tom Brady wants him ......

Just saying.

Bingo

No way he's going from Baker to Trevor.

His father would probably create a video showing all the missed throws Trevor made during his Denver days.

If he clears waivers and if Tom Brady wants him ......

Just saying.
Folks, it's now a lock.

Purchasing my customized Beckham Saints jersey right now.

On NFLshop.com...

Obligatory fourth sentence/paragraph.

It’s a $1 million waiver claim now after the restructure. I would be shocked if the Saints didn’t put in a claim. It easy for every team to avoid the post waiver negotiation and just claim the restructured contract.

But I’d also expect the other 22 teams ahead to put in a claim too with that cheap cap hit now. He hasn’t played a full season at his All-Pro level so I also wouldn’t be surprised if the 22 ahead all passed too and landed right here.
Schefter says different. His tweet says he still has a $7M salary for the remainder of this year

Schefter says different. His tweet says he still has a $7M salary for the remainder of this year
Yup. The way the deal was done makes it unlikely a team claims him. He will likely be able to pick his new home.

Hopefully it’s close to his college home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom