Offensive line (1 Viewer)

They say the less you hear about the o-line the better. Did Carr even get sacked today? Have to give credit where credit is due.
Ram was the weak link today, whiffed on a couple run plays and the few times Sweat got pressure it was against Ram. I almost wonder if Garcia back at guard and Hurst at RT would be our best line

Ram was the weak link today, whiffed on a couple run plays and the few times Sweat got pressure it was against Ram. I almost wonder if Garcia back at guard and Hurst at RT would be our best line
The run blocking could be better, but the first 4 or 5 games was such a sheet show that I’ll take performances like today every week.

Ram definitely whiffed on some pretty straight forward run blocks and his guy blew up the play. Strange. Didn’t really even try to block them. Just kind of watched them blow by…

They say the less you hear about the o-line the better. Did Carr even get sacked today? Have to give credit where credit is due.
Yep. And IMO, there’s a couple of reasons why:

1) The play of Andrus Peat at LT! After bein often injured n starting mostly at LG, the Saints moved him back to LT. In his 3 games as a starter there, the Saints are 2-1, n IIRC, he’s yet to give up a sack!
Well done 75! 👍🏾

2) They’re HEALTHY! Rams often playing thru injuries. But IMO, he’s been putting together some of his best weeks of play right now! Same for McCoy n Ruiz! Both are movin, pulling n getting to the 2nd level n out in space.

3) Improved continuity n chemistry! They are playing VERY well as a “unit” right now! Probably the best they have all season!

4) Coaching. Props to Coach Marrone for the play of his guys! Keep it Coach!

Let’s do it again next week!!!

👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

3 weeks in a row they’ve looked solid and I’ll take that the rest of the way hands down. They aren’t world beaters but have definitely played a lot better as of late especially if being compared to the first 4-5 games.

Hard to find any big complaints, sure mistakes were made but it seemed like overall the line gave us some chances to make plays.

Run blocking needs to improve…. But the pass blocking has been night and day since Penning was delegated to keeping benches warm. I’ll take it.
Penning can’t even do that well, every time I saw him he was standing on the sideline with his helmet on.

They would be right

Hurst was weak also. That 4th and 1 sneak would have worked had the left side of the OL not been slow on the count. I mean they KNOW the count being slow to push off is inexcusable

A lot of posters (me included) owe an apology to Peat. It takes incredible mental toughness to go from losing a starting O-line position to being able to hold down the Left Tackle spot like he has. The move from Penning to Peat was heavily scrutinized but there's no doubt it's been a big part of the offensive turnaround this team has had from the first quarter of the season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom