Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (16 Viewers)

Hasn't the birth rate been dropping for awhile now? That one thing I posted mentioned infertility.
Well the population has quadrupled since 1980, and we have been using these on some level since the 1940s. But, there's also probably much more of it now than ever before. There is a lot of correlation but not a lot of causation, yet.

Well the population has quadrupled since 1980, and we have been using these on some level since the 1940s. But, there's also probably much more of it now than ever before. There is a lot of correlation but not a lot of causation, yet.
True, but I just don't trust any forever chemical to not be harmful. Companies don't care if they poison us so long as they still make money.

• 1Like
Reactions: cpg
I really wish Triple H had better answers to these questions about the Vince/WWE lawsuit, and recently, the Drew Gulak thing.

These responses have been very disappointing, in my opinion.

True, but I just don't trust any forever chemical to not be harmful. Companies don't care if they poison us so long as they still make money.
Yeah, I'd say there is almost zero chance there is any benefit to them at all. Absolute best case is that they are mostly benign and reasonably okay for consumption. Hopefully it winds up being in the same league as aspartame, which is not great or of any real benefit, but also not the horrible cancer monster everyone once feared (assuming it's consumed in reasonable amounts).

I really wish Triple H had better answers to these questions about the Vince/WWE lawsuit, and recently, the Drew Gulak thing.

What do you expect him to say about the Vince thing? It's been asked/answered a million times already. There's nothing else really to say unless it comes from their legal team imo.

He said they simply didn't renew the contract Gulak, granted he did sidestep the Rhonda question. Rhonda doesn't work for the E anymore and I have no idea what the back story is there so I'm not sure if there's anything worth commenting on with that.

• 1Like
Reactions: cpg

I can understand the interest from a curiosity standpoint. But he is too smart to say anything beyond what TKO attorneys have advised him is allowable. I think expectations need to be adjusted for someone that wasn't there, wasn't implicated, and likely has no understanding of any of this from the legal perspective. He's essentially "head of creative", expecting him to answer like a CEO is not really correspondent to his purview.

Yeah, I'd say there is almost zero chance there is any benefit to them at all. Absolute best case is that they are mostly benign and reasonably okay for consumption. Hopefully it winds up being in the same league as aspartame, which is not great or of any real benefit, but also not the horrible cancer monster everyone once feared (assuming it's consumed in reasonable amounts).
Aspartame isn't good for you either. It supposedly passes the blood brain barrier. What it does, I'm not sure.

I popped. haha
Aspartame isn't good for you either. It supposedly passes the blood brain barrier. What it does, I'm not sure.
Lots of things can cross including alcohol, caffeine, vitamins, glucose, etc. It's the amount and length of exposure that makes them potentially damaging. Aspartame is very much in the league of those same chemicals. Some are obviously worse than others, but it's definitely not the boogeyman that it was portrayed in recent years.

What do you expect him to say about the Vince thing? It's been asked/answered a million times already. There's nothing else really to say unless it comes from their legal team imo.

He said they simply didn't renew the contract Gulak, granted he did sidestep the Rhonda question. Rhonda doesn't work for the E anymore and I have no idea what the back story is there so I'm not sure if there's anything worth commenting on with that.
I wasn’t very clear, which is my fault, but I meant his previous comments about the lawsuit, not anything he said at Backlash.

I do have a lot of issues with those previous “I haven’t read the report”, “I just want to focus on the positives”, “it’s been a great week” type comments.

As far as the comments today, it is fine if he wanted to clarify not renewing a contract vs releasing, but he discredited accurate media reports while he was on tv, only to (apparently) apologize privately.

He also sidestepped the Rhonda part of it because of her claim that he pulled the draw string off her pants in the hallway. He was written off tv (killed in storyline) pretty much immediately after her accusation and his excuse that he was trying to shake her hand (the reports he discredited didn’t state there was a direct correlation though).

Last edited:
I will say this, she has got to get better. Her selling is Omos-level bad, and it is scary to think that this is with her having had 7 months to improve. They need to stop referring to her as a freak athlete, because she is not a particularly fluid athlete at all. She is capable of pulling off some impressive looking spots (like her Jaded spot with Kairi), but they are all strength based. She is not even in the same arena as Bianca's natural athleticism, and I think pairing them has actually hurt Jade by comparison.
Yes. The crowd was full energy the entire show. I didn't witness an Attitude Era event that had energy like that the entire show from start to finish.

I popped. haha

Lots of things can cross including alcohol, caffeine, vitamins, glucose, etc. It's the amount and length of exposure that makes them potentially damaging. Aspartame is very much in the league of those same chemicals. Some are obviously worse than others, but it's definitely not the boogeyman that it was portrayed in recent years.

I don't trust a damn thing the WHO says.

Yes. The crowd was full energy the entire show. I didn't witness an Attitude Era event that had energy like that the entire show from start to finish.
From the clips on Twitter, that crowd seemed awesome. They were loud but also moving around/gesturing a lot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
Top Bottom