Ole Miss 24 Florida 30 Final (1 Viewer)

Just watching the ESPN ticker. Gutsy call to do a fake punt on 4th and 11. Rebs came up 3 yards short. Florida moving in Ole Miss territory now.

I think you gotta just go for it instead of the fake punt. You're going to give yourself a better chance if you line up with a real offense on the field.

Florida is ranked #3 and Ole Miss gave 'em hell in Oxford.

Florida proved vulnerable to the Rebs' deep passing attack. Ole Miss also ran the ball on Florida. I don't think they'll keep that #3 ranking through the whole season.

The Fake punt was stupid, esp. after the time out. Typical idiotic Orgeron decision.

Yeah, agreed. And to Robert Lane with 11 to go. If you're going to do it at least give it to someone with the quickness to get the YAC you need.

This game pretty much speaks volumes about where Ole Miss' program is at. We've got, arguably, the most NFL talent on the team that we've ever had in the past decade. But stupid mistakes. 5 pre-snap procedure penalties, 20 blown tackles, more turnovers then Florida, ****** away red zone opportunities. And "we sure played hard" but we still lost and went down 1-3.

That's the Orgeron MO, talented, high intensity.....but sloppy and fundamentally poor football. All capped with an inexplicable 4th down call.

Oh and LSU needs to shut up about Florida. Ole Miss almost beat LSU in LSU last year and we didn't even have an offense worth a damn (though we did have Patrick Willis single handidly holding the defense together). This is the SEC, and cracks about Ole Miss aside, any given game in the SEC is an upset.

Last edited:
This is the SEC, and cracks about Ole Miss aside, any given game in the SEC is an upset.

I agree with that...anything can happen within the SEC. Even when a team isn't having a good season, they're still capable of pulling an upset within the division. The emotions and rivalries will trump talent on any given day.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

I agree with that...anything can happen within the SEC. Even when a team isn't having a good season, they're still capable of pulling an upset within the division. The emotions and rivalries will trump talent on any given day.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

I second that. Ole Miss came a lot closer to beating LSU last year, we can't take them lightly again this year, especially since this one's on the road and seeing them give Fla all they could handle.

Oh and LSU needs to shut up about Florida. Ole Miss almost beat LSU in LSU last year and we didn't even have an offense worth a damn (though we did have Patrick Willis single handidly holding the defense together). This is the SEC, and cracks about Ole Miss aside, any given game in the SEC is an upset.
This hasn't been publicized, but I have it on good authority that all LSU players had their testicles removed and left them in their lockers during pregame last year vs. Ole Miss...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom