On a night with everything to gain, the Falcons somehow lose (1 Viewer)

Saint Jeremy

SR is my life!
Reaction score
good article in the AJC:

The biggest home game in franchise history: That’s how this was billed, and here we pause to note that 46 seasons make for a considerable chunk of history. (Almost half a century!) And even if the Falcons entered Monday night’s game against New Orleans with a comfy Plan B — they could lose to the Saints and still win the NFC South and clinch a No. 1 seed by beating Carolina on Sunday — nobody wanted to do it the easy way.

But that, alas, is the way it will have to be. The Falcons tripped over their moment. This isn’t to say they can’t have moments still, but they couldn’t handle this one.

If you’re going to be a champ, you have to show you can beat a champ. The Falcons had already taken down the reigning champs once this fall, but that was in Week 3 in the Superdome when not many people thought this team would be 12-2 on Christmas. That was a case of a rising team slipping up on an established power. Monday night was different: It was a match of peers, a prime-time convocation of two of the NFL’s finest.
http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-b...-a-rough-one/?cxntfid=blogs_mark_bradley_blog

I know this has been said, but I refuse to give them credit for the week three win. In fact, if our emo kicker makes the kick, we are cruising to a 1 seed, home field and a first round bye. It sort of makes me sick when I think about it.

Atlanta, however, is undoubtedly good. They played poorly on offense, but kept the game close with a great defensive game plan and plenty of help from the zebras.

Amazing last year we entered the playoffs #1 and it was "one & done"
This year we enter the playoffs probably #5 and we're "the team to beat"

No sympathy here
We had our San Fran in the 80's
Atlanta has the Saints

Ain't life great Who Dats?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom