One player left add (1 Viewer)

I would love for us to bring Alec Ogletree.

And I agree we need a backup QB, but I am almost certain we will wait until after the draft to cover that position.

Backup quarterbacks are usually released after the draft, by teams that got rookies.

Backup QB!!! If Taysom is the only backup then forget the swiss army knife stuff. Remember how quiet he was when Brees was out? If we are all in which I think we are then Andy Dalton or Trevor Semian need to come see us.
I think too much but I was thinking that Andy Dalton would see an opportunity to try and win the starting job when Brees retires. He's never had a coach like Payton. Just a thought.

Has to be a linebacker. Klein has played 63%, 65%, 71% of the snaps in the last 3 years and we don't have anyone to replace him. Payton's MO is to never to go into the draft with a hole in the roster and we have a pretty big one at that spot.

Backup QB!!! If Taysom is the only backup then forget the swiss army knife stuff. Remember how quiet he was when Brees was out? If we are all in which I think we are then Andy Dalton or Trevor Semian need to come see us.

I agree, we have to make it a priority to get a veteran backup qb.

I wouldn't mind signing Andy Dalton, but he may want to much

Has to be a linebacker. Klein has played 63%, 65%, 71% of the snaps in the last 3 years and we don't have anyone to replace him. Payton's MO is to never to go into the draft with a hole in the roster and we have a pretty big one at that spot.

To late, the free agent market for LB is pretty much over, looks like it will be the draft. That is unless we trade for one.

I wouldn't mind drafting Zach Baun, I think he would fit in well beside Demario Davis. They could feed off each other.

Not to mention the ability for Baun to learn from one of the best in the game.

I like Murray too, but I feel he is of similar style to Davis. We need a bigger LB'r to fill the gaps and drop the hammer on outside runs

To late, the free agent market for LB is pretty much over, looks like it will be the draft. That is unless we trade for one.

I wouldn't mind drafting Zach Baun, I think he would fit in well beside Demario Davis. They could feed off each other.

Not to mention the ability for Baun to learn from one of the best in the game.

I like Murray too, but I feel he is of similar style to Davis. We need a bigger LB'r to fill the gaps and drop the hammer on outside runs

It's not at all. Still plenty of options available. You're not looking at the kind of players that will need big deals but they are the exact kind of players we would sign to fill a part time role in our defense.

https://walterfootball.com/freeagents2020ILB.php

can wait on cuts and will make a draft choice that is pure QB, Fromm comes late or some of the others who are 7th round types. Probably can get JT Barrett back somewhere down the line..... Damn Steelers

It's not at all. Still plenty of options available. You're not looking at the kind of players that will need big deals but they are the exact kind of players we would sign to fill a part time role in our defense.

https://walterfootball.com/freeagents2020ILB.php
There are still some options out there... I wouldn´t mind it if they brought in Darron Lee, Davis old teammate in NY, or Mark Barron.

we definitely have to have a third but I’m not sold it has to be the backup. They could go the same plan but if everything Payton has said is true, then he could be planning more plays of traditional QB for Taysom.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom