Our TE's?? (1 Viewer)

ASaintFerLife

A Shining light of Truth
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
2 perfectly thrown balls hit each TE right in the friggin hands and they cant catch it!! I don't get it you wont catch any ball with closed hands I learned that in High School with football and basketball.

Was Juwan Johnson injured this week, he seems to better I think.

If we make it to the playoffs who will catch the ball, AK cant do it all and then they took away Callaway after the 1st half and then there was nobody else.

There’s a lot going on with our offensive struggles. You are absolutely right the TEs dropped a couple of catchable balls, but Taysom also threw some very poor passes to receivers who could have made catches.

Taysom was under a lot of pressure on the edges last night. He had to abandon the pocket several times and throw the ball away. We desperately need Ram and Armstead back.

Taysom’s finger will continue to be a challenge but he needs time to step into the pocket and make some reads.

Thank God their case of the dropsies rubbed off on the Bucs safety Adams.

Your right but at the same time it's hard to get new recruits in during the middle of a season. We have been talking about lack of separation and lack of catching ability all season. We have to roll with what we got and just hope they get better for now. Juwan is used in certain packages, but his lack of blocking skills makes him very limited, hence his total of only 11 receptions on the season. And if the gameplan is run heavy then you don't see him at all like this past Bucs game. Vannett needs to man up and catch that ball plain and simple. Not since Jimmy tried to alligator arm some balls in the past have I seen someone scared like that. His entire body language was fearing the hit behind him

Need to improve at the position but neither of the passes I’m thinking of were perfectly thrown. Catchable, perhaps, but not easy plays.

The pass to Vannett sailed. He maybe could have timed his jump better, but the ball went off his fingertips while he was in the air.

The pass to Trautman was late which gave the DB a chance to close and reach a hand in.

Taysom played within himself and didn’t make costly mistakes, but his passing needs to improve. He missed on some other critical plays that would have extended drives.

Don’t want to nitpick a win too much but the story is the same for this offense - lot of room to improve all around. At this point in the season, can’t really expect much to change, unfortunately. Still, fingers crossed.

Adding; the deep pass to Callaway early in the game was one of the best passes I’ve seen Taysom throw. *That* was a perfectly thrown ball. More of that, hopefully.

Hey the offense did the least they could do. They occupied space, took up time, got a few field goals. Fortunately this was the defenses day to shine.

But yeah, our TEs are pretty special.

Need to improve at the position but neither of the passes I’m thinking of were perfectly thrown. Catchable, perhaps, but not easy plays.

The pass to Vannett sailed. He maybe could have timed his jump better, but the ball went off his fingertips while he was in the air.

The pass to Trautman was late which gave the DB a chance to close and reach a hand in.

Taysom played within himself and didn’t make costly mistakes, but his passing needs to improve. He missed on some other critical plays that would have extended drives.

Don’t want to nitpick a win too much but the story is the same for this offense - lot of room to improve all around. At this point in the season, can’t really expect much to change, unfortunately. Still, fingers crossed.

Adding; the deep pass to Callaway early in the game was one of the best passes I’ve seen Taysom throw. *That* was a perfectly thrown ball. More of that, hopefully.
I have hope that we can expect change. This was not Taysom’s 14th game as a starter. I am hopeful that with every game he will get better.

Don’t want to nitpick a win too much but the story is the same for this offense - lot of room to improve all around. At this point in the season, can’t really expect much to change, unfortunately.
My head says you're right. My heart says, "We're going to find a way to get better on O" just in time to make the playoffs and even win in the playoffs.

I feel like we get more productivity from Johnson when he is on the field also. Trautman is terrible, I'm sorry. He should not be in the starting line up, like at all.

For one of our TEs to make a catch the ball has to be perfectly thrown and they have to be wide open. No defender can be within 5 yards of them and the ball has to hit them in the numbers. Even then it's a coin flip.

There's no way to fix the ability to catch a football in the middle of the season. I guess we'll just have to hope for the best.

Last edited:
There’s a lot going on with our offensive struggles. You are absolutely right the TEs dropped a couple of catchable balls, but Taysom also threw some very poor passes to receivers who could have made catches.

Taysom was under a lot of pressure on the edges last night. He had to abandon the pocket several times and throw the ball away. We desperately need Ram and Armstead back.

Taysom’s finger will continue to be a challenge but he needs time to step into the pocket and make some reads.
I agree with that but I saw him take his progressions many many times and nobody was open.

He needs to step up in the pocket and not back out and drift to the right every play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom