Our TE's?? (1 Viewer)

Trautman's drop was due to the ball getting there late and the defender being draped on him and getting a hand in to knock out the ball. It really wasn't a bad play on Trautman's part. The problem with him is injuries. He started the season hurt, took a while to get going, and just when he was starting to play well he got injured. Let's hope he can stay healthy and start to round into form again. Vannett is a mediocre TE, which is why he was available. We need to get better at this position and at WR.

He needs to step up in the pocket and not back out and drift to the right every play.
I saw that as well, it seems at times he is really not comfortable at all. He had really decent to good protection last night not sure why he bounces around. Teach him Coach!

2 perfectly thrown balls hit each TE right in the friggin hands and they cant catch it!! I don't get it you wont catch any ball with closed hands I learned that in High School with football and basketball.

Was Juwan Johnson injured this week, he seems to better I think.

If we make it to the playoffs who will catch the ball, AK cant do it all and then they took away Callaway after the 1st half and then there was nobody else.
JJ should be 90% of TE targets. But 7 threw at least one of those balls high to TE.

Vannett was just off his finger tips and Trautman had a defender knock it out his hands....what are you watching?

Older fans might remember Brenner and Tice used to bail out the QB all the time with timely receptions. Neither could run worth anything, but they usually caught what was thrown to them.

We need a Brenner or a Tice right now.
Brenner and Tice were great. Henry Childs was one of my childhood favorites, a great run blocker and great hands/route running.

Brenner and Tice were great. Henry Childs was one of my childhood favorites, a great run blocker and great hands/route running.
Childs was the best pure athlete we've ever had at TE, including Jimmy Graham. I wish Trautman had Hoby's physicality. Hoby was slow, but he knew how to use his body to box out defenders and go get the ball. Trautman is too passive and waits for the ball to come to him, allowing the defender the chance to knock it out. Tice was an all-around good TE, but not a great receiving TE.

2 perfectly thrown balls hit each TE right in the friggin hands and they cant catch it!! I don't get it you wont catch any ball with closed hands I learned that in High School with football and basketball.

Was Juwan Johnson injured this week, he seems to better I think.

If we make it to the playoffs who will catch the ball, AK cant do it all and then they took away Callaway after the 1st half and then there was nobody else.
In the words of Judge Haller, “That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out objection”

Lol, sorry been wanting to throw out an obscure My Cousin Vinny line

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom