P Manning doesn’t want his rookie record (1 Viewer)

If I'm remembering correctly, Manning didn't "come back into the game" to break Brees' 2011 passing yardage record. Manning "broke" the record on a 5-yd TD pass to Demaryius Thomas (RIP) with 0:18 left in the 2nd quarter. He then sat for the entire 2nd half, with Brock Osweiler taking all QB snaps for the Broncos the rest of the game. The gamelog play-by-play confirms that.

I believe the situation everyone is remembering of the "pass" to Eric Decker that should've been ruled a lateral only came into focus after the game was over which the Elias Bureau reviewed it and let it stand as a "pass".

He never had to re-enter the game to do it and he honestly could've easily shattered the record throwing for another 250+ yards had he played the rest of the game because he was already eviscerating that Raiders defense in that first half (25/28, 266 yds, 4 TD, and a 145.8 QB rating).

But with that being said, he didn't, and it was a ****ing lateral.

It’s kind of like Jim Kelly losing 4 super bowls. You have to be pretty good to hold that honor.
4 IN A ROW! And each loss was incrementally worse than the year before. But you gotta remember....we live in a world were "repeats" are celebrated, and "three-peats" are like unicorns. But the Bills went to the SB 4x IN A ROW. Unheard of...probably the best team to never win it all.

I believe Mahommes will break the single season record eventually. There are also 17 games now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom