Panthers request to interview Richard for DC (1 Viewer)

Interesting that there would be interviews for defensive coordinator without a head coach named and taking part. Not sure I understand what is going on.
Rooney Rule in affect, get the black interviews out the way then hire your good ole boy for his 20th NFL coaching opportunity.

We may even lose both of them and both in the division. If Richard takes the DC position with the Panthers and Nielsen with the Falcons. That would stink.
Then the direct blame is on Benson, loomis and DA. Benson and loomis for the sham HC interviews and keeping DA around another season. DA for Stupid idea to begin with to have co- defensive coordinators. Why isn’t anyone asking to interview Carmichael, oh yeah, he’s horrible.

Then the direct blame is on Benson, loomis and DA. Benson and loomis for the sham HC interviews and keeping DA around another season. DA for Stupid idea to begin with to have co- defensive coordinators. Why isn’t anyone asking to interview Carmichael, oh yeah, he’s horrible.
Well it would help us tank this year

If we lose both Nielsen and Richard, then shame on Dennis Allen. The concept that we would have two co-defensive coordinators, neither of which would have play-calling responsibilities, has always been stupid. This is the very kind of situation where a strong general manager has to step in and tell the head coach he needs to go in a different direction. And yes, like Andy Reid, Sean kept control over the offense, but Sean was so good he was a special case. I have never considered Allen to be on Payton's level..
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think DA made them Co DCs to prevent this sort of poaching. Atlanta, and Panthers would have to make either coach assistant HC to not be a lateral move. Of which Loomis has said he will not grant permission. I don't think permision has been granted to Atlanta yet. Do you have any thoughts on why Loomis would want to grant permission?

Would the Saints get a draft pick if Richard is hired as the DC in Carolina? It would technically be a promotion of a minority coach… 🤔

I don’t think we’re losing both. If one gets hired away the other will get promoted.

It has to be head coach.

It's not yet clear whether the Saints would honor a request from an in-division team, though general manager Mickey Loomis said Friday he would not block either Nielsen or his fellow co-defensive coordinator Kris Richard if they received an opportunity to be a play-caller.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom