pat y new orleans saints mailbag (1 Viewer)

This was good to see.

Razza in South Florida writes: No mention of Chris Ivory in the Rookie Watch? What's up with that? I agree with Sam Bradford and Ndamukong Suh being at the top of the list. High expectations were met. But to be mentioning LeGarrette Blount and no Ivory is a puzzling omission to say the least.

Pat Yasinskas: No argument here. In fact, I’ll put a bug in Matt Williamson’s ear, especially if Ivory has another big game Sunday. Also, I’ll give you a little alert here about a column I’m writing for Friday. Can’t give you all the details yet, but a big part of it is how Ivory’s emergence has helped the entire offense.

ivory
123 attempts, 636 yards, 5.2 avg, 5 tds, 39 first downs, 5 runs 20+, 1 run 40+, 4 fumbles

blount
134 attempts, 599 yards, 4.5 avg, 5 tds, 26 first downs, 5 runs 20+, 1 run 40+, 1 fumble

I called blount before the draft. I knew he was ganna be great the guy can't be brought down. Both are great but, the big thing Ivory has over blount is speed and explosiveness along with his power. Blount is like a 4.6-4.7 guy.

ivory
123 attempts, 636 yards, 5.2 avg, 5 tds, 39 first downs, 5 runs 20+, 1 run 40+, 4 fumbles

blount
134 attempts, 599 yards, 4.5 avg, 5 tds, 26 first downs, 5 runs 20+, 1 run 40+, 1 fumble

I'm proud to say I'm Razza but I'm sure more than a few of us contacted him about Ivory. In the original email I sent to Pat, I mentioned that Ivory led all rookies in rushing yards and is tied for the lead in rushing TDs with Blount, so I'm glad you mentioned these stats. Not sure why Pat exluded that note, but glad to see he followed up today with this - http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/16271/saints-passing-game-clicking-at-right-time

I've been all over this message board all season about Ivory and I'm excited to see him still getting a healthy amount of touches each week. Even with the return of PT, I'm looking forward to see Ivory go beast mode the rest of the season! And the thought of losing PT next season (which I still hope doesn't happen) is a bit easier seeing Ivory do his thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom