Payton & Bountygate/No Call (1 Viewer)

I think the NFL will guard the 'shield' more then we know.. they don't want Payton as a head coach.
I don't think that they can afford to do that without having outsiders look at it as anything but retaliation no matter how they try and spin it. The league took a season from him and then stole our NFCCG from us. He'd have to go to a team like Dallas who wouldn't have opposition from Goodell because of status. Unfortunately we need draft capital so that limits the teams that we can get from. Now if any team has the capital and is willing to deal, they'd have to be willing to take on what may or may not come with SP if they themselves felt like the league has a vendetta against him.

I think the NFL will guard the 'shield' more then we know.. they don't want Payton as a head coach.
jennifer-lawrence-j-law.gif

Doesn't all of the hate from Goodell towards Payton stem from the Vicodin issue? IIRC, Payton told him to pound sand and handled it internally.

If the NFL actively blocks SP, they have to live with the fact that he will be in the media long term. He has played nice so far because he wants to get back into coaching, but Katie bar the door if Roger pulls some kind of stunt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom