Payton Turner Healthy Entering Training Camp 2024 (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Excerpts from a 7/19/24 article by Jackson Loschko of gridironheroics.com

REPORT: The New Orleans Saints’ Former 1st-Round Pick Is Healthy Ahead of Training Camp​

1721568403028.png

“I felt really good going into last year,” said Turner, who had 29 career tackles and three sacks. “Unfortunately, the first game I had that toe injury. I did have an offseason back procedure. I’m feeling good. I’m feeling healthy right now and I’m ready to get after it this year.

“The only thing you can do in this league is control what you can control. So, I’ve had some bad luck with some injuries. I’ve taken this year and last year and fine-tuned my process, my routine. I feel like I’m in a good spot heading into this year. I’m excited to see what I can do.”

Depending on how things work out for Chase Young and whether Tanoh Kpassagnon plays this season, the Saints’ top three defensive ends consist of Carl Granderson, Cameron Jordan, and Chase Young. The number four defensive end spot is vacant, and two players will compete.

Payton Turner will compete against Isaiah Foskey. Foskey, the 40th overall pick from 2023, didn’t play much as a rookie, limited to ten games and 83 defensive snaps, missed five games because of a health scratch and two with a quad injury. The Saints hope Foskey will have an immediate impact in Year 2.

Turner enters a pivotal 2024 season because he will be an unrestricted free agent in 2025 after the Saints declined his 5th-year option in May.

Full Article In Link Below:

Excerpts from a 7/19/24 article by Jackson Loschko of gridironheroics.com

REPORT: The New Orleans Saints’ Former 1st-Round Pick Is Healthy Ahead of Training Camp​

1721568403028.png

“I felt really good going into last year,” said Turner, who had 29 career tackles and three sacks. “Unfortunately, the first game I had that toe injury. I did have an offseason back procedure. I’m feeling good. I’m feeling healthy right now and I’m ready to get after it this year.

“The only thing you can do in this league is control what you can control. So, I’ve had some bad luck with some injuries. I’ve taken this year and last year and fine-tuned my process, my routine. I feel like I’m in a good spot heading into this year. I’m excited to see what I can do.”

Depending on how things work out for Chase Young and whether Tanoh Kpassagnon plays this season, the Saints’ top three defensive ends consist of Carl Granderson, Cameron Jordan, and Chase Young. The number four defensive end spot is vacant, and two players will compete.

Payton Turner will compete against Isaiah Foskey. Foskey, the 40th overall pick from 2023, didn’t play much as a rookie, limited to ten games and 83 defensive snaps, missed five games because of a health scratch and two with a quad injury. The Saints hope Foskey will have an immediate impact in Year 2.

Turner enters a pivotal 2024 season because he will be an unrestricted free agent in 2025 after the Saints declined his 5th-year option in May.

Full Article In Link Below:

Dude Will be lights out during pre-season and be seriously injured on the first play of the regular season!

Have to be honest about the guy. Now wouldn’t it be ironic if the guy has a beastly season, when needing a new contract?
What's ironic about that? It's an actual thing where players do really well in contract years, so what would be ironic about Payton Turner playing well this year?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom