Saints Penning gives a presser about his change to RT… sounds motivated! (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't bet the farm on that theory. Using that logic, you could have also said they would have been wise to pull Carr at the same time to avoid him getting injured knowing that they wouldn't make the playoffs and the entire offensive staff (except the TE coach) would be replaced. đź”® You're probably giving D.A/Loomis to much credit for any foresight holding a crystal ball. You may be suffering from the same thing Cam Newton had, Hindsight being 50/50.

If they (DA/Loomis) are the "They" you speak of, they were playing for a division title up until after the last game they played while awaiting the outcome of the Bucs/Panthers game that followed. They weren't shutting down productive players mid year looking ahead to 2024. A better case would be to accept that the decision to bench TP was made by Marrone along with PC, with the blessing of DA.

While I agree TP was improving, the staff, whomever that included, made the decision to bench TP. It can't be argued that the play at left tackle didn't improve. The entire play of the offensive line improved later throughout the season and that was without TP in the lineup.

Not trying to bust your chops but your statement seems a bit far-fetched to me. Just Sayin.

With that said, I'm rooting for TP to have a major turnaround and become a force in the offensive line wherever he winds up playing, and for many years to come.
Penning was garbage last season and he should of been sat and the Coaching staff did a remarkable job piecing together a functioning unit DURING the season to compete each week.

RT may be a better position for him and a new season brings new found hope and everybody gets a reset but he there is still the possibility that Penning was a swing and a miss, but this is definitely a make or break year for Penning and it benefits everyone that he pans out so I am not rooting against the guy but he was putrid last almost comical, especially for someone known for their tenacity.

I thought the same thing at first, but then what happened after the season made me see the method to their madness, I'm betting they knew by mid-season that PC and most of the offensive coaches were gone especially Marrone and they did not want further damage or injury to happen to TP not so much his performance because he was improving with each game.

This has got to be one of the more well thought out theories Ive heard on these here forums.

None of it makes any sense.

This has got to be one of the more well thought out theories Ive heard on these here forums.

None of it makes any sense.

Right, whilst the playoffs are still in the balance, lets just sit a developing young OT who is improving every week because we are replacing all of the offensive coaches at the end of the year anyways.....whilst the playoffs are still within reach.....

Utter lunacy.....

Right, whilst the playoffs are still in the balance, lets just sit a developing young OT who is improving every week because we are replacing all of the offensive coaches at the end of the year anyways.....whilst the playoffs are still within reach.....

Utter lunacy.....

Utter lunacy.....
You just said it yourself , it was the 5th game of the season, while TP was improving it was not big steps , and I'm a big TP supporter. So they sat him for Hurst , why they didn't just start Peat? Who Knows. Hurst get's hurt in the Hou/ game and TP comes in , then Peat starts the rest of the yr. and it's game 8. If you think that DA and ML had not made up their mind about Pete by game 8 you are delusional.
After wanting to replace him the yr before and not finding their guy what makes you think they were going to run with him another yr?? They also saw the writing on the wall with Marrone. Not just the poor job he did developing TP but our OL had regressed EVERY yr since he got here. He was fired even before we found KK . TP was benched not just because he was not making big progress but they did not want to ruin him completely and utterly shatter his confidence under Marrone but also for him not to get injured and the rest of the season's practices and maybe another offseason of rehabbing an injury
Sometimes not all the time the Saints are playing Chess and some of you are thinking checkers

Yea this was a great interview. Something he said that i hope doesn't slip under the radar. He was asked what his preference is when he receives the ball behind the center or as a RB. He went on to say direct snap or behind the center. This makes sense obviously because he can see exactly what he needs to do w/ the numbers advantage. For some reason im concerned that he wont be as effective as a RB. His success is due to his quick decision making more than his physical ability to break tackles. I dont mind if he takes a few hand offs. But id much prefer him to play behind center in the wildcat/ or shotgun more often than taking direct snaps.
Welp this indeed has slipped under the radar. Hense my own bumpage

You just said it yourself , it was the 5th game of the season, while TP was improving it was not big steps , and I'm a big TP supporter. So they sat him for Hurst , why they didn't just start Peat? Who Knows. Hurst get's hurt in the Hou/ game and TP comes in , then Peat starts the rest of the yr. and it's game 8. If you think that DA and ML had not made up their mind about Pete by game 8 you are delusional.
After wanting to replace him the yr before and not finding their guy what makes you think they were going to run with him another yr?? They also saw the writing on the wall with Marrone. Not just the poor job he did developing TP but our OL had regressed EVERY yr since he got here. He was fired even before we found KK . TP was benched not just because he was not making big progress but they did not want to ruin him completely and utterly shatter his confidence under Marrone but also for him not to get injured and the rest of the season's practices and maybe another offseason of rehabbing an injury
Sometimes not all the time the Saints are playing Chess and some of you are thinking checkers
When I read your post TWICE.... all of its wisdom and insight comes through.

Thanks.

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom