Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) Reveals His First 2024 NFL Power Rankings (1 Viewer)

I seriously think it is correct and we will suck next year, I'm just being real. We will have a top 5 to 10 pick in next years draft with a chance to draft Shedeur Sanders. If yall think Dennis "keep losing like your losing" Allen is automatically going to get better, your joking. If you neg rep please explain yourself.
Shedeur Sanders.....sucks!!!

I don’t wear black and gold glasses, but this ranking is stupid. DA will have a good defense, the offense will be better than last season and our division is weak. We have a glaring hole at tight end but besides that we are fair to good at most other positions. I think we should be in the middle of the pack and if the ball bounces our way we could be a top 12 team.

A lot of talk about the schedule, but this year’s schedule is also historically easy on paper.
You will never get an easier schedule than what happened last year. Trevor Lawerence was probably the best QB the Saints faced all year. They didn't even play against Cousins, Fields, or Jones (all first string starters that did not play). It was a joke and we basically went 0.500. How can you NOT be down in the rankings after that? Dennis Allen is the head coach. 27 might be a tad high. lol

I mean, rosters are far from set here, any prediction at this point in the off season is.....clickbait......IMO

I cannot think of a bigger waste of emotional bandwidth than expending any kind of concern over a Power Ranking that comes out two months before training camp begins. This is the definition of content-driven drivel.

Late teens is fair. Early 20s if you think we fall back a few games.

So much of these rankings is just national media bias and not an honest look at the roster, schedule, and ability of the team.
I agree with the late teens. We're no worse than last year if not a bit better. And we were over .500 last year and have improved in areas where we were lacking.

Prisco has also always hated us so IDK why anyone is susprised by this.

The Saints deserve to be ranked anywhere between 24-30 based on what they did last year against the most laughable schedule I have ever seen, and in the weakest division I have ever witnessed.... They are basically running it back with a clueless/gutless coach, zero impact player additions on offense, and solid defense that's a year older. The only thing that can possibly save them is that Kubiak is some sort of genius savant.

Anyone that thinks they should be ranked any higher... has their B&G underwear showing...

Last edited:
Saints are firmly in the DA era so 27th may be too high!

Don’t underestimate how badly this team has been and will be coached. It’s like a 70’s throw back.

Saints are firmly in the DA era so 27th may be too high!

Don’t underestimate how badly this team has been and will be coached. It’s like a 70’s throw back.
Saints' record from 1970-1979:

1970 2-11-1
1971 4-8-2
1972 2-11-1
1973 5-9
1974 5-9
1975 2-12
1976 4-10
1977 3-11
1978 7-8
1979 8-8

Dennis Allen's two seasons:

7-10
9-8

Improvement from year one (revolving qbs) to year two. That speaks to better coaching, not worse.

For the life of me I will NEVER understand why people on this forum reference Pete Prisco? Don't you get he was gifted a job from the good ole boys network and now he just gives random opinions. Since when has this guys word meant more than yours or mine and why would it? I'm pretty sure I know and understand the Saints better than Pete Prisco and I'd be willing to bet the majority of the people on this forum could tell you more players on the team both past and present than ole Pete. Seriously who is this guy???

• 1Like
Reactions: RJS
Saints' record from 1970-1979:

1970 2-11-1
1971 4-8-2
1972 2-11-1
1973 5-9
1974 5-9
1975 2-12
1976 4-10
1977 3-11
1978 7-8
1979 8-8

Dennis Allen's two seasons:

7-10
9-8

Improvement from year one (revolving qbs) to year two. That speaks to better coaching, not worse.
I don’t have much hope for DA.
24-46 as a NFL head coach after four full seasons and an 0-4 season.

Check his Wiki page. Been coaching since 1996 (college and pro) and his only career highlight listed was as secondary coach for the Saints in 2010 SB.

Late teens is fair. Early 20s if you think we fall back a few games.

So much of these rankings is just national media bias and not an honest look at the roster, schedule, and ability of the team.

You keep talking about this years schedule being "historically easy on paper". Last years schedule was easier. Its a Qb driven league, just look at the QBs we played last year compared to the ones we play this year.

And how did we get better? We drafted a LT? We did that 2 years ago with Penning and he couldnt get playing time over guys signed off the street. The offensive coaching staff should be better. But outside of that?

This year we play Mahomes, Herbert, Watson, Cousins, Cousins, Hurts, Dak, Stafford and Love. We also have to play Daniels and the Sean Payton Bowl.

Last year, we only played 4 decent QBs in Goff, Love, Stafford and Lawrence. We were 0-4 against them.

27 seems low. And I agree we are likely a 6-8 win team which should put us somewhere in the low 20s.

But I dont think we are much better outside of the staff and I just dont see the schedule this year being anywhere near as easy as last year.

Pete Prisco revealed his initial 2024 NFL Power Rankings. He has the Saints at 27! He has the Saints as the 2nd biggest drop down since the end of the 2023 season. How and why did he come to that conclusion? His rational is a bit conflicting when discussing the Saints offseason. Yesterday I posted a thread in which Colin Cowherd Picks The Saints To Finish Last In The NFCS. What do these guys know that we don't? What's in the water that these guys are drinking? It surely isn't Kool-Aid! (pun intended)

James Skrmetta ripped Cowherd for his take in a video on his YouTube channel and does the same to Pete Prisco for his ranking, questioning how his analysis is flawed. The Skrmetta video is worth the watch as he uses analytics instead of a shallow opinion to challenge the subjective take of both Cowherd and Prisco in his critique of their work.

I have to agree with Skrmetta on most of his take. First of all, the Saints drafted in the 14th position in 2024 because that's where they ranked by win/loss record at the end of the 2023 season. Most folks subscribe to the theory that your record is who you are. At least in the case of year over year one must accept that's who you were. CBS/Prisco must have had the Saints at 16 in their end of year Power Rankings and now they open their 2024 Power Rankings with the Saints at 27, a fall of 11 spots in the offseason from their last Power Rankings.

There's no way to justify the Saints after the offseason and now the draft having fallen to the 5th worst team in the league. Agree or Not?

Based on where teams are today, without having had a single practice or preseason game, and without offseason free agency completed or trades made, where would you rank the teams in the NFCS as of today?

CBS Sports Pete Prisco:

New Orleans Saints - 27
They will have a new-look offense with a new coordinator in Klint Kubiak, but are they any better on that side of the ball when it comes to talent? Age has also crept in on defense.119-8-0

James Skrmetta Analyses the Prisco Rankings in the video below:
(Note: Skrmetta has embedded a portion of a video of the podcast where Will Brinson and Pete Prisco discuss their take on the Saints.)
(Beware - The video begins with some heavy hating on the Saints)

The National Sports Media is SLEEPING on the New Orleans Saints / NFL on CBS Reaction Video

Until we get a competent head coach we will not see the playoffs. Most see HC as being our biggest weakness.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom