Peyton Manning & New Orleans (2 Viewers)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I meant to post this before training camp started

Does anyone know if Peyton has any affinity for New Orleans or the Saints?

He always seems to be a "just the facts" kinda guy regarding it

"My dad was the quarterback of the Saints" or "I grew up in New Orleans" and that's about it

I don't think I've ever heard him say anything like, "I loved the city", "I loved the food , "I love going back there" "I have a soft spot for the Saints"

As far as I know even in the run up to the Super Bowl he didn't say anything like this

To me it seems like his heart is clearly with Tennessee, I think he lives in Denver now and appears to prefer it to Indy which I find a bit interesting

Does anyone know if he's ever expressed any fondness for the team or city?

Random but good question…I don’t think so. I think they both more or less gravitated to their college towns and their dad’s old college stumping grounds.

I don’t know them at all, but kind of to what you’re hinting at, I’ve never quite viewed them as a New Orleans family. If anything, they’re more of a Mississippi family that happened to live in New Orleans for a bit and had their kids go to Newman. Even the way they all talk sounds more Mississippi than New Orleans.

I could be dead wrong, but that’s just my viewpoint from afar.

Last edited:
Random but good question…I don’t think so. I think they both more or less gravitated to their college towns and their dad’s old college stumping grounds.

I don’t know them at all, but kind of to what you’re hinting at, I’ve never quite viewed them as a New Orleans family. If anything, they’re more of a Mississippi family that happened to live in New Orleans for a bit and had their kids go to Newman.

I could be dead wrong, but that’s just my viewpoint from afar.
I think you are wrong. Archie stayed in New Orleans even when he could have lived anywhere after his playing days were done, and chose to raise his kids here. Cooper still lives here.

Peyton and Eli may be following their dad's lead by putting their roots down in cities they played for. In Peyton's case, I'd much rather be in Denver than Indy.

I really have no idea where Eli is living out his retirement years. Is he in New York? Did he move to Oxford?

I think you are wrong. Archie stayed in New Orleans even when he could have lived anywhere after his playing days were done, and chose to raise his kids here. Cooper still lives here.

Peyton and Eli may be following their dad's lead by putting their roots down in cities they played for. In Peyton's case, I'd much rather be in Denver than Indy.

I really have no idea where Eli is living out his retirement years. Is he in New York? Did he move to Oxford?
Eli’s home in Oxford had an estate sale this spring. He and his family live in New Jersey.

Eli’s home in Oxford had an estate sale this spring. He and his family live in New Jersey.
Right, so each of the Manning boys who played professionally are making their homes in the towns where they played, assuming Eli is in the NYC area of NJ.

He’s cohosting the Olympics opening ceremony (for whatever reason) and mentioned that a part of the ceremony reminded him of Mardi Gras in ‘his home town’ and even did the laissez le bon temps roulle
That being said I never considered him or Eli about that life
They were uptown kids going to an uptown school
Cooper (and Arch, obviously) seemed to stay in that same Audubon/Newman orbit

Thanks for the info. You’re right, sounds like they’re all choosing to live where they played, like their dad, and aren’t necessarily married to New Orleans, to the OP’s point, I think.

I don't know of many homegrown players that do express much affinity out loud. Even the ones that had on-air stints at ESPN or NFL Network. Marshall Faulk, Reggie Wayne, Ryan Clark, Ed Reed. None of them stick out as being New Orleans cheerleaders or even live here now.

He’s cohosting the Olympics opening ceremony (for whatever reason) and mentioned that a part of the ceremony reminded him of Mardi Gras in ‘his home town’ and even did the laissez le bon temps roulle
That being said I never considered him or Eli about that life
They were uptown kids going to an uptown school
Cooper (and Arch, obviously) seemed to stay in that same Audubon/Newman orbit
:nono: Garden District kids

I don't know of many homegrown players that do express much affinity out loud. Even the ones that had on-air stints at ESPN or NFL Network. Marshall Faulk, Reggie Wayne, Ryan Clark, Ed Reed. None of them stick out as being New Orleans cheerleaders or even live here now.
Faulk did all the time after Katrina. He did a lot of charity type stuff if I remember right and was always talking about Louisiana and how much they needed everyone’s support.

Ryan Clark is huge on LSU, but that’s all I hear from him regarding LA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom