Peyton says he wants balance between running and passing, but... (1 Viewer)

Check out other games, where we didn't reach 10 called runs until nearly the fourth quarter (Green Bay). Check out games like Baltimore, where selling out to the pass put us in a hole so deep, that it further necessitated the pass. Check out the Philly game, where at the first sign of distress, we went pass-wacky.

It's either been significantly more called passes, or fairly close to even.

I think that's what Parcells meant when he said of Payton, "sometimes he gets the virus."

He has a tendency to get away from the run too quickly.

As long as we're winningl, no one will have a problem with it.

I'm OK with the last game. They ran the ball 30 times in spite of the stacked box and very little success. That is not exactly abandoning the run.

I think the Bucs took a long look at that Raven film and thought they could man up and crowd the line, blitzing Brees and taking away the run, like the old Bears 46 defense. Baltimore got away with it (they are the most physically talented defense in the NFL), but still got gouged with some big plays. Bucs didn't have the horses to pull it off. Steeler won't try it, which should mean some more daylight for Deuce and Reggie.

I
I'm starting to wonder if the league is not respecting Drew Brees and the WRs. Maybe with Horn out, they figured we'd struggle. I wouldn't have it any other way.

That's what I would guess. Deuce had over 120 yards in the first game on just 15 carries, and while Reggie didn't run well, he also had a very good game. And then with Joe Horn out, they probably figured if they could stop the run they would have a good chance to win.

I think we saw just how valuable even Devery Henderson can be. He's got amazing speed, I just don't know how big his heart is when it comes to playing through injuries.

for the thread starter.......

at 1st, i thought this was PEYTON MANNING saying all this...and im thinking 'why would he be talking about the saints?'

hahahahaha.

I could care less about how much we run or pass, all I care about is wins. We are 6-2, I'm a happy camper.

It seemed to me that tampa had a gameplan to make Drew brees beat them deep. I think they doubted his arm strength. They took away the run, and were trying to take away the short game. The result was a torched secondary.

It seemed to me that tampa had a gameplan to make Drew brees beat them deep. I think they doubted his arm strength. They took away the run, and were trying to take away the short game. The result was a torched secondary.

It's almost like Dale Carter was playing for the Bucs!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom