Article PFT picks the Titans to beat us. (1 Viewer)

Good. Glad they feel that way. Some expert analyst on WWL the other day didn’t seem to expect a big difference with Carr running the offense. I disagree. I think offense gets back to scoring points similar to what we have been used to.
With a QB that is not known for scoring points? And that's not a dig. Believe it or not, we have a lot to prove, especially the new additions.

Truth is, we (as Saints fans) are going on hope and a lot of pundits are going on 9 seasons of data and I find myself in the middle.

None of us really knows what to expect because, as mentioned in a previous post, we got a single scripted drive (which shouldn't butter anyone's toast) and the reporting from training camp ranged from secretive (us not knowing what's really going on) to outright trash (overhyped fluff with a results not lining up). Plus, a good portion of our fanbase really don't know much about the happenings in Titan land. We don't know how the new offense will look and their defensive line was already good but what has been done with their secondary. I am one that believes that this game won't be a walk in the park.

My thoughts is Week 1 will tell us about the offense and week 8 will "tell" us about the team.

Last edited:
20-17 over our boys. I disagree and think we win this one rather easily.

Titans at Saints (-3)

Florio: Titans, 20-17.

Simms: Titans, 20-17.

I’ll say 30-20 Saints.
It's a fair analysis. Until the offense looks different, it's a safe bet that it isn't. Is the defensive line better at stopping the run than they were last season? As a fan, I'm hopeful and will cheer my head off, but I am unsure about this one.

20-17 over our boys. I disagree and think we win this one rather easily.

Titans at Saints (-3)

Florio: Titans, 20-17.

Simms: Titans, 20-17.

I’ll say 30-20 Saints.

Easily? How on earth could you be so confident? Titans started 7-3 last year before their QB went down.

They have the best running attack in the league and we all know how teams struggle tacking in week one.

This games a coin flip.

Yeah, I don't know about easy... They had the best run defense in the NFL last year and they have an excellent interior pass rush (scary for us). On the flip side, we had one of the worst run defenses in the league last year while they have one of the best RB's in the NFL. This will be a great early test to see if Sanders will make a difference on the line. He's big, athletic, and loves to make plays. So, I hope that helps.

Considering most of the media thinks my titans are going to win 4-5 games they must really love you guys 😂

I won't pick a winner, I think it will be something around 24-17 tho

Last edited:
I don't disagree with them in the sense that we are going to be in a close game that isn't the best matchup for us but...... I see us pulling out a win maybe something like 21-17 or 20-21.

I don't see a ton of scoring and the score is going to be close.

It can really go either way. I am going to be there and I hate seeing us loose so I am going with we win, just being honest.

all Nashville sports radio is expecting a Titans walkover, says if we were AFC then we would be mid pack at best. Really, really blowing us off.

Good. Glad they feel that way. Some expert analyst on WWL the other day didn’t seem to expect a big difference with Carr running the offense. I disagree. I think offense gets back to scoring points similar to what we have been used to.
Heck, the one TD Carr threw in the preseason was pretty different than anything we've seen the last few years.

Making picks and predictions for games this early in the season is a coin flip like several of you have said. Saints predictions are especially tough given the changes we have made. We will need to see at least 4 or so games before we get a feel about this team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom