Phillip Rivers gets blown out by Raiders...gets a front page espn article (1 Viewer)

Chadia keeps referencing the Colts game so that was probably the week he was writing the story and doing the interviews as well as the run up to the Raiders game. What do you expect ESPN to do with a full length feature that is finished on a guy that is still considered an MVP candidate (albeit on the fringes now) but the guy just happened to lose the week before it was scheduled to run? Bury it?

I really don't see how he can still be considered an MVP candidate after getting his tail beaten twice by Oakland (Asomugha was injured so there shouldn't be any excuses about him not having his receivers, he had Floyd & Gates for both games) and the only team he's beaten in his division was Denver.

Peyton Manning single-handedly won that game for San Diego by throwing like three or four pick-6's so he didn't have anything to do with that win for ESPN to write a front page article about him 'growing up'. Besides that one, he hasn't beaten any other .500+ team IIRC

I really don't see how he can still be considered an MVP candidate after getting his tail beaten twice by Oakland (Asomugha was injured so there shouldn't be any excuses about him not having his receivers, he had Floyd & Gates for both games) and the only team he's beaten in his division was Denver.

Peyton Manning single-handedly won that game for San Diego by throwing like three or four pick-6's so he didn't have anything to do with that win for ESPN to write a front page article about him 'growing up'. Besides that one, he hasn't beaten any other .500+ team IIRC
He has beaten the Jags, Cardinals, Titans, Texans, Broncos and Indy. You are right besides the Jags. Not exactly winning against great competition. His losses are to Chiefs, Seachickens, Raiduhs (2x's), Lambs and Pats.

Chadia keeps referencing the Colts game so that was probably the week he was writing the story and doing the interviews as well as the run up to the Raiders game. What do you expect ESPN to do with a full length feature that is finished on a guy that is still considered an MVP candidate (albeit on the fringes now) but the guy just happened to lose the week before it was scheduled to run? Bury it?

^^^^This^^^^^

Stop worrying about the media, and who they "respect."

We got a lot of love last year, and I'm sure that nationwide a lot of people are sick of hearing about the Saints.

^^^^This^^^^^

Stop worrying about the media, and who they "respect."

We got a lot of love last year, and I'm sure that nationwide a lot of people are sick of hearing about the Saints.
Man we were 13-0 and steam rolling teams. We embarrassed the Pats on national television and smoked the Giants when the media was saying they were so great. We deserved the love. A QB on a 6-6 team doesn't deserve the love we got. I don't know how you can't understand that. On top of him being 6-6, look at the teams he lost to and the teams he actually beat. He looks like Brees of 2008. Brees wasn't getting this Rivers love in 2008 because the team wasn't very good.

There are 31 other teams in the NFL. That means 31 other markets both local and regional that national publications have to appeal to.

This board exists so you can get your fill of Saints talk. Don't worry so much when a journalist talks about another team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom