N/S Phillip Rivers won’t be the Chargers starting QB next season (1 Viewer)

Not surprised by this at all, Rivers just didn't seem to have it for the Chargers this whole season. He had a lot of Interceptions where the ball just had no chance of getting to his receiver.

A lot of people are saying Tampa could be a likely destination.. I don't really see it as Arians runs a vertical passing scheme based on a lot of down field throws and Rivers' just doesn't have that kind of Arm anymore at this stage of his career. Unless Arians wants a 1-2 year veteran stop gap while he develops a guy..

Indy could be a possibility as Frank Reich was the Chargers former QB coach and OC from 2013 - 2015. Him and Phil are real close.

Last edited:
Depending on the cap, they should able to get Brady and draft a young guy.

I saw a rumor not too long ago that Rivers maybe on Tampa Bay’s radar.

Or Carolina. He went to NC State. I think there’s a good chance he’s a division rival next year...either Carolina or Tampa.

Bring him in as Drew's backup, for both football and irony reasons.
Do they still have the same owner? They missed on Drew and Eli, a 1st ballet HOF and a potential HOF.

Do they still have the same owner? They missed on Drew and Eli, a 1st ballet HOF and a potential HOF.

Pretty sure same owner, though not the same GM (the one that was the primary reason for Eli's refusal to go there).

Not saying I want this to happen but wouldn’t it be funny if brees retires and rivers comes to the saints and wins a Super Bowl , chargers fans would riot. In all honestly I think rivers is done tho.

hmm that Tampa rumor is interesting b/c I read a couple weeks back he bought a house and permanently moved him and his family to FL

Chargers fans - all six of you - this guy is a free agent!

BwO9s4RCEAA5dG5.png

I read an article last week that talked about Tampa publicly saying they are moving on from Winston, and was looking at Rivers as a possible replacement.

After watching Rivers in a handful of games last year, I don't think he's got he juice anymore....terrible decision making and poor throws. That said, I don't buy the Rivers to Tampa talk. I know Winston can get a case of the INTs but I feel his ceiling is higher than what Rivers has to offer at this point.

I dunno, I think Rivers will do alot more with that offense in Tampa than what Winston could do. But hard to say, alot of Winstons INTs were WR's tipping the ball up to. I dunno if it was a chemistry problem or a winston problem. Winston reminds me alot of Aaron Brooks and that may not be a good thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom