Phoenix Suns(22-18) @ New Orleans Pelicans(25-17) at 7pm. Bad to da Bone! (1 Viewer)

LSU and A&M playing a tight game

FIrst their big 3 had only played 88 minutes together this year so I don't think any prior stats are meaningful. Second, who do you double off of? Their 4th player is the league leading 3 point shooter and you can't send Jonas or you're leaving their 5 open at the rim...
Hard hedging and tilting the floor doesn't mean a full double. Making sure Booker doesn't get easy access to his mid range comfort zone, again, doesn't mean a full double. Then even if you do double, you have to be tight on your pre-rotations so you can get back in balance quickly. Doubling doesn't mean you have to leave someone wide open for 30 minutes. Thats why you go after players like Herb and Dyson who have quickness and length to cover space. Teams do this to the Pelicans almost every game. If I'm going against Phoenix, I take my chances letting Beal or Grayson get a ton of shots up. I don't let Booker and Durant get comfortable to do what they want.

The point is if one of their guys cleary wants to score and is rolling, you disrupt their rhythm but not giving them tons of space to make highlights. Make them be a point guard on a night when they clearly dont want to. Durant, Booker, and Beal have been in the league long enough to know what they like to do. You don't need 500 minutes of tape to know this.

Unless you're just a bad team, letting a player post an efficient 50 burger on you means your defense is broken. Let TWO players post efficient 40 burgers in the same game means your defense is broken. Unless you're just bad, there is just no excuse for that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom