Pierre on screens (1 Viewer)

Saint Tex

Delvin, Bro
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nice to see Pierre back and running hard, and nice to see the screen working again. He had a couple of classic Pierre runs with a little elusiveness plus some power.

Welcome back, Pierre. I missed watching you do that.

seemed a little slow through most of the game (expected with that much time off and rust) but seemed a lot closer to the PT of old by the 4th

BTW, none of the screens were set up well, yet the dude gets 8 yards or more on each of them. He finds 5 yards more than any other RB's on each screen pass.

He really is better than anyone else at running screen passes. Was good to see him back and running well.

That Screen pass to Pierre helped us get to and win a SB last year, so yea, I'd say im happy to see it working again. The screen hasnt been that sucessful during Pierre's absence. Having him back opens that part of the Saints game again.

He is the only Saint who should be used on a screen pass. The Saints twice more vs the Rams had drives stall cause of failed screen passes today, this time both passes were to Bush which did not work.

I think the Saints have used the screen pass like 15 times this year on 3rd down, and I think it picked up 2 first downs.

Now, if we can only keep all 3 healthy all at once. It was nice watching Payton use all 3 early in the game. They all bring a little something different from the other.

He is the only Saint who should be used on a screen pass. The Saints twice more vs the Rams had drives stall cause of failed screen passes today, this time both passes were to Bush which did not work.

I think the Saints have used the screen pass like 15 times this year on 3rd down, and I think it picked up 2 first downs.

I wonder why our Wal-Mart priced back comes back on the field looking like he was never gone while our Rodeo Drive priced back acts like he's never seen a football before when he comes back? Could it be because he kinda looked like that before he left?

Payton DID give Reggie opportunities yesterday to the detriment of the team.

BTW, none of the screens were set up well, yet the dude gets 8 yards or more on each of them. He finds 5 yards more than any other RB's on each screen pass.

But he'll never be the decoy Reggie is!

Payton DID give Reggie opportunities yesterday to the detriment of the team.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but Pierre doesn't bring the extra coverage with him that Reggie does. People just don't understand that where Reggie goes, coverage follows and so there are more people from the defense, but the same amount of blockers which means he has two or three people to make miss and not just one.

More important than the yards that PT gets on the screen, Brees has his safety valve back. Those screens would have been sacks or interceptions if PT wasn't in there. That was the huge difference in the game.

I was surprised to see Payton give Pierre so many touches. I bet there's a story behind the story.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom