PLAYER OF THE GAME: Rasheed Shaheed (1 Viewer)

Noisemaker

Loud for Our Team
Reaction score
Shaheed was faster than anyone on the field and made the 2 biggest plays in the game. With Olave and Thomas commanding the attention of the best corners, Shaheed makes our offense dangerous. Congratulations for a great game! To me, he is too valuable to the offense to be returning kicks and punts. I would find someone else to do that.
IMG_0903.jpeg

Last edited:
I would give the player of the game award to Lattimore, but I would give Shaheed the offensive player of the game award, and Grupe the Special Teams Players of the game award.
You are right about Lattimore. I was at the game and had a really good view of his pass breakups. He is playing at a different level. Glad to see Grupe hit that 52 yarder. That was a big confidence boost for the whole team.

You are right about Lattimore. I was at the game and had a really good view of his pass breakups. He is playing at a different level. Glad to see Grupe hit that 52 yarder. That was a big confidence boost for the whole team.
When Lutz missed that PAT in Denver... all I could think of was, if DA had kept Lutz and sent Grupe packing, the Saints probably would have lost this game.

BUT, the 1 point victory was somewhat deceiving as the team was in the red zone at the end and probably could have put up points if they had needed to.

Shaheed had a ton of mistakes on special teams that could have really hurt us. He came through at the end but not sure we really had an MVP on Offense. Carr, Thomas, Olave and Shaheed played well but had mistakes too.

When Lutz missed that PAT in Denver... all I could think of was, if DA had kept Lutz and sent Grupe packing, the Saints probably would have lost this game.

BUT, the 1 point victory was somewhat deceiving as the team was in the red zone at the end and probably could have put up points if they had needed to.
I agree that we could have won by more. it seemed that we were in control most of the game, even when we were behind. If we can start turning more red zone trips into touchdowns, it will be a differnet Game.

I'll agree with not returning kicks and punts. I think returning kicks and punts in the modern NFL is dumb. Just take the fair catch and move on. The risk of turnover, penalty or injury on returns are greater than the opportunity to make a big play.

A
I would give the player of the game award to Lattimore, but I would give Shaheed the offensive player of the game award, and Grupe the Special Teams Players of the game award.
Agree. Lattimore was mvp yesterday. He was playing on a different level. Hopkins is still a top receiver in the league and he was shut down all game. Shaheed and Carr were offense mvps. Shaheed played like we hoped he would after watching him last year. That’s a good defense and to be able to grind out like that against them says volumes about this team.

Also, we would have scored had the unbelievable pass interference been called for Olave.

This. Latt played amazing. Shaheed caught the two biggest passes, but Olave had some key catches to keep drives alive. No doubt on Grupe with an honorable mention to Baun for blocking that punt.

Shaheed had a ton of mistakes on special teams that could have really hurt us. He came through at the end but not sure we really had an MVP on Offense. Carr, Thomas, Olave and Shaheed played well but had mistakes too.
Yeah, I would say Shaheed had a very good game on offense and a very poor game as a return man. He didn't just fumble, there were a couple of times he took it out of the endzone and failed to reach the 25.

Please DA take Shaheed out of the return game entirely. His ability to get behind the defense and create big plays is too valuable to risk injury returning kickoffs, or punts either for that matter.

Lmao I too was excited he shanked the PAT

Sheed looked like a guy who missed most of camp. Good news is he looked great as the game wore on. The good thing is he'll probably never look as bad as he did early on in the game and will look even better going forward. Kid is special.

I agree that we could have won by more. it seemed that we were in control most of the game, even when we were behind. If we can start turning more red zone trips into touchdowns, it will be a differnet Game.
That's the big take away for me. Even though we didn't have our best day at the office we were still able to get the win. The offense was pretty bad for most of the game but the defense fought like hell and refused to give up TDs.

Getting an ugly W even though you didn't have your best stuff is crucial in the NFL. They really need to make the most of this relatively favorable early schedule and rack up some wins before AK returns. If they can get the pass protection sorted out I think we'll be in a really good spot with our key offensive weapon coming back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom