PLAYER OF THE GAME: Rasheed Shaheed (1 Viewer)

Years ago, somebody help me out, we had a WR that either broke his leg or had a significant injury while returning a punt or kickoff. Definitely high risk, low return.

Years ago, somebody help me out, we had a WR that either broke his leg or had a significant injury while returning a punt or kickoff. Definitely high risk, low return.
Devery Henderson in a big game against the Bears broke his leg on a punt return.

I'll agree with not returning kicks and punts. I think returning kicks and punts in the modern NFL is dumb. Just take the fair catch and move on. The risk of turnover, penalty or injury on returns are greater than the opportunity to make a big play.
Definitely agree with this on kicks. It seems like more often than not we're starting inside the 25, maybe get lucky and get it to 30. Holding seems to get called pretty often so suddenly we're back to the 10-15. Have a greater chance fumbling it than returning it for a TD. Just take the 25 yards, keep everyone healthy and move on.

Shaheed was faster than anyone on the field and made the 2 biggest plays in the game. With Olave and Thomas commanding the attention of the best corners, Shaheed makes our offense dangerous. Congratulations for a great game! To me, he is too valuable to the offense to be returning kicks and punts. I would find someone else to do that.
IMG_0903.jpeg

I agree, he is too valuable to risk injury as a returner.....hopefully the coaching staff sees this as the season progresses....

Definitely agree with this on kicks. It seems like more often than not we're starting inside the 25, maybe get lucky and get it to 30. Holding seems to get called pretty often so suddenly we're back to the 10-15. Have a greater chance fumbling it than returning it for a TD. Just take the 25 yards, keep everyone healthy and move on.
This. Even if he does break one it's probably going to get called back. They always get called back. The risk outweighs the reward to me.

Floyd Turner broke his leg, vs. Bears, Oct.27, 1991. Got up at 3am to fly home from my honeymoon to attend that game. Morten kicked a 60 yarder to end the first half. Previously undefeated Saints lost when on 4th and 1 Carl Smith ran Hilliard right at Fridge Perry for no gain.

Latt was awesome! We should also give some love to Demario Davis. He really started to contain Henry in the 2nd half. If not, maybe the Titans keep feeding him the ball and it is a different game.

Floyd Turner broke his leg, vs. Bears, Oct.27, 1991. Got up at 3am to fly home from my honeymoon to attend that game. Morten kicked a 60 yarder to end the first half. Previously undefeated Saints lost when on 4th and 1 Carl Smith ran Hilliard right at Fridge Perry for no gain.
Floyd Turner Yea! That’s who I was thinking about! Great memory! Thanks for sharing. 👍

Olave for me. Couldn’t believe how opened every time he caught the ball yesterday. His route running was great.

He got redemption and was a major factor, but he was not the MVP of the game. For MVP, he sits behind players like:

Carr
Olave
Lattimore
Jordan
Davis

He got redemption and was a major factor, but he was not the MVP of the game. For MVP, he sits behind players like:

Carr
Olave
Lattimore
Jordan
Davis
I get what you are saying, but Shaheed caught the crucial only TD and then the long catch to seal the game. Those 2 plays were the key to the win. Plus I think he was robbed of a second TD on the knee slide catch in the end zone. Lattimore is a close a second because we don’t win the game without his pass breakups and interception.

I agree that Shaheed probably shouldn't be returning kicks. With way the rules are now its almost impossible to have a game breaking play on a kickoff. Have someone extremely sure handed back there and let him make plays as a wide out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom