Porter Pass Interference (1 Viewer)

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
He obviously lost the ball and made a great effort to time his swat but was too early. BUT...what would've been a sure touchdown instead turned into a 1st and goal at the 1 yard line. 2 plays later, fumble and Saints ball.

So kudos to Porter for taking the penalty instead of giving up 6 points.

Good point - I am always for taking the penalty. It is the points are not on the board until they are officially there. I sometimes question the TD challenges from the 1 yd line on 1st down but this is the same time of thing. 1 play can mean the difference.

Good point - I am always for taking the penalty. It is the points are not on the board until they are officially there. I sometimes question the TD challenges from the 1 yd line on 1st down but this is the same time of thing. 1 play can mean the difference.

Yep and I'm sure you're referring to the play earlier in the year where Payton challenged a call at the one. Most of us groaned because the opponent still gets the ball at the 1, so first and goal. But the Saints held them on 4 plays so it turned out to be the right call.

I guess the moral of he story is that when on defense, you always take points OFF the board when you get the chance.

My question -- what was the difference between the Porter PI and the non call re: Lance Moore in the end zone?

If you were on the boards yesterday you'd think from what everyone was saying that the call was horribly unjustified and biased to the falcons.

If not for penalty yards, the Falcons wouldn't have had even the one scoring drive!

I think for an Ed Hochuli ref'd game, it was not a terrible as it could have been with penalties, especially when they almost started fighting a few times and nobody got unsportsmanlike conduct! Lucky they pulled White right when he started going off and saved themselves a penalty

If you were on the boards yesterday you'd think from what everyone was saying that the call was horribly unjustified and biased to the falcons.

I try to avoid the boards during the game because it only irritates me.

Yeah, things are biased in favor of the Saints here. On Falcons' boards they are biased in favor of the Falcons.

That's a matter of common sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom