Possible Saints traded on draft day (my speculation) (1 Viewer)

I don't have a problem with most of this except Strief. No way would he be on my trading block. He's our future at RT and the future might be this season.

Trading Bullocks isn't as ridiculous as it seems. He looks like he's developing into a Strong Safety candidate. His play close to the line looks to be improving faster that his pass coverage, or coverage recognition rather. There may be a team that sees this very young player as a very good SS option.

That's certainly how he seems to play. Similarly, it seems that Reis/Kaesv are well suited to the FS role, but I think are labeled SS?

Maybe one of our WRs would be a possible draft day trade. I could see packaging Devery and his upside to a team that thinks they can get more out of him than we have (a la Stallpepper). Then we could address that hole with a late flyer and be done with it.

i think that bullocks could be used to move up. like tading our number 10 and bullocks for the patriots number 7?

Hollis Thomas, Clancy, Shanle, Bullocks aren't tradeable due to age, contract status, or general reputation. Teams don't trade for 36 yr. old DTs or bad WLBs. Bullocks might have a tiny bit of trade value but would a late 7th be worth it even if Bullocks gets moved to a backup? No.

The two players on your list teams would trade for are -

Jon Stinchcomb - he's in the last year of his contract so his value would be lower. I imagine teams would be interested for a 4th or 5th maybe a third if he's willing to sign a long term deal. So a current starter for a second day pick.....no.

Zach Streif - he's versatile he can play either RT or LT. Streif's looked very good subbing for Jammal Brown in the past. It's quite possible that this may be the year that Streif beats Stinch out for a starting job. He'd have almost as high a trade value as Stinch. The problem with trading him? If the Saints did they'd be paper thin at backup Tackle. I like Jermon Bushrod but he's a long term project and the team would be in trouble if he had to start. It would be a bigger mistake to trade Streif away than it would Stinchcomb.......

I agree.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom