Post about Mike D and statement about Mike McKenzie (1 Viewer)

i say we make Devery a corner.Whats the difference between a CB and a WR you ask?One can catch the ball,the other cant.

A good WR can run a 4-4 40.
A good CB has to run with the good WR...backwards.

Mikeeeee

I was happy we got MM when we did. We were desperate for a good corner. I think he is a good corner. Corners get burned in the NFL, even the best. MM is not as good as he was three years ago and he is not worth the money he is getting, but he is still a better than average corner. Remember, he gets to cover the other team's best receiver. So, judge him by that. I think that we need to draft two corners in our top four picks next year. Craft and Thomas will probably be gone. If MM stays, he will be asked to re-negotiate. Corner will be the position of highest turnover next year. No pun intended. Our corners drop more interceptions than they catch.

We gave up a 2nd for him? That would be a waste, but I trust Payton.

Personally...I thought it was great when we got Mike...but was I ever wrong...I love the way Hokie Cajun described him..."he's a clean uniform player, what I mean by that is, he's usually on top of the pile, rather than in it."...and the more I watched him play....I shook my head and said..."Hokie's right!"...now I have seen him sacrifice himself a little this year.....not much...just a little....but I have to agree...I don't see him lasting longer than this year....:9:

dont forget the rule changes and the way refs call the game, shut down corneres are harder to come by.

MM liked the bump coverage, now he get the illegal contact calls -

this is somewhat by design by the NFL as they want more passing

consistant pass rush also helps, we arent consistant putting pressure on the QB - but much better than last year

MM does make alot of money, thats the downside to FA's you pay for thier past work - clement, edwards, gonzales all would help the team, but will be costly

we need to build via the draft and try to keep the good players we have, adding as few players via FA as possible

I think Fred Thomas is our best CB. MM is always getting burnt or getting pass interferance.

This is a prime example of exaggerating, a ton. McKenzie is clearly the better corner and consistently shuts his side of the field while teams throw all over fred thomas. Fred can do one thing....tackle. But what good is 12 tackles a game when all 12 are after a guy has caught a pass for a FD.

Mckenzie has gotten beat deep 3 times this year. 3 times. Chris McAlister got beat deep 3 times in 1 game this past weekend. Those 3 times Mike was all over the reciever and it was a perfect pass. I'd also gurantee you can count his PI penalties called against him on one hand.

But yet people like to say hes garbage and always gets beat deep? Its just plain not true. Fred Thomas is the weak link in that secondary. Craft is not even a link...he just needs to be gone.

Is he overpaid...probably, but that doesn't change the fact that he is our best corner. What he gets paid really isn't that important to me. I'm not the one writing the checks. If hes out there doing his job i'm fine with it. BTW you won't get clement for the amount MM is getting paid. That guy is gonna want alot more. I want to have both of them.

Last edited:
I am a Fujita fan but one of his does not really count it was a hail mary pass at the end of a half.

I love Fred Thomas but he really cant catch. Im going ona limb here but the season he wore the cast on his arm didnt he have the most int's as a Saint.

mike mckenzie is a great run stopping db! unfortunately he can defend the pass at all. he's gone next year if you ask me. i'm tired of watching him get burned every game.

you are obviously not watching the right games.....the only bad play i seen MM make all year was the wiff of a tackle on Reggie Brown. MM has not given up a play over 30 yards this year. How's he getting burned again?

Last edited:
Mckenzie is an average corner but he's not garbage. The problem is he gets paid top corner money and because of that his mistakes stand out more than the rest. I've been seeing Fred Thomas get beat more often than McKenzie this year yet he doesn't catch as much heat.

FT gets $5 Mill a year MM gets $5.6 who's really overpaid here?

FT gets $5 Mill a year MM gets $5.6 who's really overpaid here?

Thank you. Finally someone with some facts. I was wondering how much FT made.

Can't belive hes getting that much to be a bad #2 corner.

Is he really gettin that much? I thought it was like 15 mil over 4 years. Wow did we overpay for Freddy Back then. But then again, he was all we had plus the Eagles wanted him. O well...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom