Post Saints Undrafted Free-Agent Signings Here (1 Viewer)

Jones Jr looks like a Pierre Thomas clone

Maybe in a size/speed comp, but that’s it.
PT had crazy desire and work ethic, and not knowing Jones, I can’t speak on that...

but, Pierre Thomas was an outstanding KR at Illinois... record setting...
That ability (reading the field and setting up blocks) helped him transition that skill to the screen game, and made him one of the best screen RBs ever IMHO.

As a Tennessee fan I like the Callaway pick. Was limited by terrible QB play for 4 years so I honestly don’t know how good he can be. I do know that he is the best contested ball guy I have ever seen. I can’t think of one of those he dropped.

He is not a great punt returner as he let’s say too many bounce but the Saints are not exactly needing a return guy.

I don’t think he is a sure thing but he is a player that may have been hampered by QB play in college. Could be getting a really high level player.

Have we ever heard of that much money guaranteed for a UDFA?

I haven't.

Obviously this is a player to keep an eye on because we certainly appear to be at worst placing him on the practice squad when all is said and done.

Hard to say. Bottom guy on the DLine depth chart, who ever ends up there. We don't know what the Saints project him at because Todd Orlando mostly played to his weaknesses and kept him out of position due to personnel issues. But he's talented and productive, and not a head case like Lil'Jordan.

He could end up like Poona Ford in Seattle, who ended up a better pro than college player once he got some real coaching

LeMay, the RB the Saints met with from Charlotte I think... signed with the Browns..

Id like to see the Saints ink another RB to compete with Washington and Jones Jr.

Reggie Corbin from Illinois would be nice

LeMay, the RB the Saints met with from Charlotte I think... signed with the Browns..

Id like to see the Saints ink another RB to compete with Washington and Jones Jr.

Reggie Corbin from Illinois would be nice
I was also struck that only 1 RB was added as a UDFA when there are only three on the roster.

Like the "LOOK" of this player from that hi-light reel footage at least. If he can translate ANY of that read ability to The Pros? That's another question yet to be answered. I suppose we'll see quite a LOT of him as Taysom will be leaving his Special Teams position open this coming season and here's to Roach being a great physical presence in his Special Teams' debut and if he's truly The REAL DEAL? He may see some great opportunities to excel as a Sp. Teamer! Here's to what's to come from our guys and ALL of the new faces we'll all need to get accustomed to. The better the plays from everyone of them do we gain familiarity with them! Let's hope we can chip away at these rough diamonds to where their cuts are precise and that they play like a precision, laser cut and Space Grade materials! I believe we are about to witness the MOST competitive Division in The League! The NFC South is chock O' Block FULL replete with some of the most awarded players and best new comers The NFL has seen in a long time! Winning THIS Division THIS YEAR? THAT truly WILL be a Beastly move, especially if we run up some double digit wins again. Winning more than 10 games against a Division with such talent where we will be up against this calibre of players, where we will meet our Division rivals 6 games of our schedule should PROVE just how powerful The SAINTS are and THAT is NO JOKE this year since we'll see some of the BEST QB talent in The League in our Division and while we won't be playing against any Jamisons or other unfortunates we WILL be up against some QB's who are all accustomed to WINNING and won't go down easily like a broken Cam-shaft or some dead or dying Ryan "ICE" or whomever shows up for those falcoons to try and throw at us with their new RB "Tad Girlie Man" gurley! He's bound to FAIL and Our RB tandem have a good season under their belts; One which saw Alvin Kamara have a foot/ankle sprain injury for the last 1/2 of the season and we got to see Latavius Murray turn up his burners and do some solid damage to opponent's O-lines and LBs! Love to see us have a FULL and flourishing NFL Season with Our SAINTS kicking behind from every piston we have! Wonder how Coach will use Drew and Taysom this season together? I just can't see T.H. standing around and holding a clipboard/notebook computer on the sidelines ala Chase Daniels, can YOU? Cheers as we all Stay Frosty, Safe, Healthy and back to Our New and Improved versions of ourselves! Your Dr. Daddyeaux with your Rx for Mama Roux's Good Gumbo File'!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom