Question about attachments on message post (1 Viewer)

I'm not real sure what you're asking. Do you mean how to place a link to a website in a post?

Give me a little more to go on and I'll be glad to help.

How to place a link to a website in a post?

That's what I meant, Kooldak!

Can you help me please?

Also, how do you put a picture or graphic in a post?

Thanks!

If you click on the "FAQ" link above, it will take you to a list of Frequently Asked Questions. Through there you can find this page explaining the codes needed to add images and such to your post:

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode

The forum is set to automatically turn a URL live. If you type out www.anything.com it will become a hyperlink. Now, whether or not it works depends on if you typed it out correctly and it's a real site. :D Good Luck!

First how to link to a website...

Copy the url of the web page you wish to link (ex. http://www.saintsreport.com) and simply paste it into the text of your post. That simple! The software does the rest.

Now a pic or a graphic...

You can do this 2 ways. Either upload a picture or link to a picture.

To upload a picture, you will see a button called "Manage Attachments" under "Additonal Options" below your reply box. Click that button and follow the directions. You will be able to upload directly from your computer ("Browse") or from a place on the internet ("Upload a file from a URL" - just enter the URL into the box) then click the "Upload" beside the choice you made. To see the graphic before posting, click "Preview Post". It won't show up until you do. And it will always be on the bottom of the page.

To link to a picture on the internet, put the URL of the picture (not the page, but the picture itself - you can get this by right clicking on the picture and selecting "Copy Image Location".

Now type "
". You should be good to go.

Try this stuff and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom